Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

did you extract the folder? the downloaded folder has to be extracted first

Whatcha talking about? Looks like a video snippet- Was it a twitter reply or something?

2 Likes

Might I suggest a fattening instrument? I think it’d be fun to find a pan flute or something and have it fatten up you/people around you during use!

1 Like

Does this work with the new update?

Asking because it wasn’t working for me.

I just want to play as a fat Felin.

See the modfatties thread for supported races and the most current downloads

2 Likes

Thanks but it still doesn’t work for me, I put it in the mod folder but Felins still don’t work.

Does modfatties give felin support?

It should. I checked the list on the first post on the modfatties thread and it’s listed.

I was trying to fiddle with the fayanevore script a little bit, to make her take longer to digest and to make it harder to squirm out. I figured out the first thing easily enough, but I don’t quite get how the struggle/escape code works. I know it causes her to release you when regurgitateTimer-dt is less than or equal to 0, but I don’t know how to edit that to make it take longer. Would just dividing dt work? What is dt, for that matter?

@bloodle8:
The update() function recieves as argument the time that has passed since the previous call, in seconds as a float, and it is common to name it dt, short for delta time. So in that regard I wouldn’t tamper with that value.

As far as I can see, the regurgitateTimer is just there to delay the reappearance of the player for the animation, so at that point it is too late to raise the difficulty of the struggles.

The escape chance for struggles is, from what I understand, in bigfattiesvore.lua, line 124. Raising the 10 in that line should make it harder to escape:

123  if preferences.preyFeatures.struggleEscape then
124    if math.random(1, math.ceil(10/dt)) == 1 then
125      world.sendEntityMessage(currentPredator, "bigFattiesVore_releasePrey", player.id())
126    end
127  end

how do i set it up i keep getting the missing big fatties but i have it

did you extract the zip into your mod folder

yes i did do that and i tried every thing

Did you make sure the Big Fatties folder with the actual contents of the mod isn’t inside another Big Fatties folder? You need to take out the folder with the contents out of that other folder for it to work.

I was looking in the BF store and saw that the peanut butter buyable is marked as “other” instead of “decorative” or “furniture.” Does it do something?

personaly something I say this mod really needs is more balanced furniture. by that I mean the fat/food themed furniture more evenly done. there is around 1 Floran based furniture (not counting the fat floran and considering its just the same character front and back I don’t) same with avian and only 1 truly human one as well. and none on the novakin. of course these are a low priority thing just something i wanted to say
and a few more active ways of lossing the weight. the treadmill is slow and kind of buggy. and the potions are a buy as you use

I’m trying to add my species to this mod, and I have the sprites all done. However, whenever I try to eat a burger, nothing happens. The GUI doesn’t show a portrait of my character (even though the png exists), and clicking enable doesn’t persist after closing the dialog. Do I need to specify my species name somewhere, like in a patch file?

If the ui keeps resetting upon being closed. It could either be because of a botched download or just a corrupted character.
And onto armor, they do need to be named in a specific way to be detected.

Basically what I did was pack the Big Fatties mod folder (the one inside the .zip) into a .pak file, and included it along with the QuickBarMini .pak file into the mods folder. Should that work?

[EDIT]

Just copying the folder to the mods folder doesn’t seem to work either…

I downloaded it from the Dropbox link in the OP, also I’m on version 1.3.3