Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

And nothing is fixed if you remove any of those extra mods?

Wait it actually opened now, I’ll try adding each add on back one by one to see which was the fucky one

Ok pro idiot move on my part, I put the new version in the mod fatties folder as well as the mods folder

1 Like

Guys, one of the mods I’m using has an item that gives Pizza for a single Pixel each. You can’t craft it, and it’s an extremely rare drop. But, imagine if it gave Dense Pizzaps or Greasy Pizzas…~

I have a question about saving the charaters I created.

When I remove the old version of the mod and add the new one it ends up removing my characters I created and I want to try and avoid that so if someone knows the solution to that please message me.

I was poking around again in the mod files, and found a few interesting files i’d like to question about:
antifatray” – Is this already in the game? How does it work/when & where can I find it? I think it’d be a great thing to have for people attempting a run of the game w/ BF! If it’s something scrapped, is there a way I could make it into something that nullifies fattening effects for a short time via a patch?

forcefed" and "fatattack” – Are these just for the spray guns, or are these plans to be elaborated on? :open_mouth:

Engorged" and "buffet” – Again, are these scrapped assets, future plans, or just something I haven’t found yet? I’m very curious to hear!

enormous/royal cake," “velhanu statue,” “biome,” “scarlett used clothes,” “blubber shake,” "jellybossgoo/goocluster” – Are these in the game and I just haven’t seen them?

If any of these are scrapped ideas, i’m considering making a patch after the next update that makes the game more viable for serious–(yet fun & liberating)–play, and would love to add some of these back in if they sound good! Plans are to add more sounds, movement noises, the ability to craft weight loss potions, temporary fattening immunity, a ‘game over’ button, maybe special NPC interactions, etc. Just an elaboration of the base mod!

1 Like

-antifatray is unfinished and does not work and likely will not work with how the system works for players.
-forcefed refers to the feeding tubes, fatattack refers to the erchius moontant’s attack. It makes them fattening.
-Engored and buffet are what occurs when you eat the fattening foods.
-Where are you getting biome from? If you mean the folder in objects, there’s nothing there yet.
-velhanu statue is something unfinished/unpolished
-scarlett used clothes was just added to the update as a shop to sell vanilla clothes and future new clothes that can be fattened.
-the enormous cake has been available in the mod as long as it’s been released. Same for the lardshake if that’s what you mean by blubber shake.
-I have no idea where you’re getting jellybossgoo/goocluster from at all.

1 Like

odd request but can you make it so you can vore ship pets? i got mine stuck in the floor while bouncing around as a blob and i’m really desperate for a solution
edit: i should include a screenshot to prove this happened https://i.imgur.com/QpgvAgq.png

1 Like

If you’re using FU, I believe you can “reset” your ship pet by picking up and redeploying your SAIL computer. It might have different coloration (I went from a grey cat to a black cat when moving my SAIL around).

Without FU I don’t think you can move SAIL, so maybe a Relocator would work? Relocator - Starbounder - Starbound Wiki

Or do you just really just want to devour your pet?

1 Like

i dont particularly want to devour my pet but i thought that was the only option

Thank you, Dispatch. I did get ‘biomes’ from the objects folder, yes. I was curious if maybe you were planning some special biome?
Also, wouldn’t the antifatray work much like a fat-ray version of the digestive aid squirt gun? Or does it actually work like a prevention method that immunizes you to fattening effects for a short time?
Finally, here’s the picture of the ‘jellybossgoo’ attack thing:

Hey I’m kinda new to the updated mod. Where can I find the weight badges, if they’re still there that is? I don’t see them at the scale.

Badges have been phased out of the mod for awhile now in favor of the ui.

Ah, so do I just get physically fatter by eating?

There is an explanation on the very first post here. Scroll up to the top and read that.

1 Like

Got it, sorry for being a big smelly dumb dumb.

@Dispatch, did you see the edited frame of the immobile stage that Flute (not sure if he has an account here yet) did for the Avali, if not you should go check it out! He did it as a reply to your Big Fatties UI update which was about a month ago.

Screenshot (69)|690x388

(hopefully I don’t get in trouble)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the problem is related to NPCs thinking they’re being spawned into the floor due to the altered hitbox size, and as such they’ll endlessly respawn.

While this doesn’t quite count as a mod, I was able to change the sfx for digestion noises! Unfortunately, I know nothing about LUA, so I wasn’t able to change the code to allow for more than the default number of digestion noises. This is simply a replacement of the 7 base digestion sounds–if there’s enough demand, though, I could try my hand at poking around in the mod’s files and add more calls for more sfx. Possibly even movement noises!

To add this to your game, just drop it into to starbound > mods > bigfatties > sfx > bigfatties.
digesting.zip (398.9 KB)

Might I recommend using Audacity? That’s what I’ve been using to modify and replace the “digesting” sound files as well. The tricky part is finding good resources on “weight gain sounds”. Otherwise, thanks!