Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

I’ve got a question. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I saw that you could get liquid chocolate somewhere, but where do you get it?

I saw somewhere that you could shoot lard or chocolate into water and it would turn into lard or chocolate respectively, but I tried that in-game and it doesn’t seem to work. Unless I’m miss-remembering of course.

Edit: I also have a question about the stuffed bellies. You can go and turn on stuffed bellies to give your thin character a belly, or to make characters who’ve gained weight have bigger bellies, but is there any way to have that happen to your character “naturally”? I tried having my character stuff her face with loads of food but that didn’t give her a stuffed belly, and I made her eat that full cake which gave her a debuff that slowed her down and lowered her jump height, still no stuffed belly. Is there any way to get your character a stuffed belly without just pressing a button in the config menu or is that something that’s going to be added eventually?

stuffed happens from the vore side. you get stuffed when you eat someone

That is semi-correct, actually~. You get the bigger “Filled” belly when you eat someone of a normal size and the stuffed one when eating smaller, passive creatures (i.e: rabbits, birds, etc.), so basically the same thing but for smaller prey.

As far as I know, I don’t know of any other instance that gives you the stuffed belly at present so it may or may not have additional planned ways of having it appear naturally – guess we’ll see in future updates, huh?

oh you can vore critters never tried that

Understandable! It was a feature added in the most recent patches so can be easy to miss if you didn’t see the post about it. It also only works on most (or possibly all?) vanilla critters, mod-added ones still can’t be eaten.

Does the old version’s link lead to a dead link for anyone else?

Bigfatties Mod for Starbound (Archived Older Version)

The thread your linking is likely actually an old “unclaimed” thread back when this site transitioned and the original post for the mod was too new, thus lost in the transition.

I am playing this mod with the other addons that have been posted like the ones that add jelly slimes and lard golems, is it normal for crews weight to default back when you leave a planet/the arc? and also reset if you saved and then reload a save because the vilagers body weights never reset.

Crew members pretty much reset entirely when brought planet side. As if they’ve died and brought back to life. So they can never keep their weight unless you just leave them aboard your ship.

thats a shame, and they also respawn when you reload in the world too unless there is a mod that stops that. I like that fat effect that causes your character to become bouncy at a certain stage, Is it possible for someone like me to make it also work with other stages how could i go about doing that? Mainly because i hate how slow you are at fatty stage where the effect starts.

In Bigfatties\scripts\player\bigfatties.config, theres a movement parameter called bounceFactor for each stage. That’s probably what makes your character bounce. Try copy and pasting it from the later fatty stages and put it into the stages you want.
Edit: There’s a fall damage multiplier there too if you don’t want to die after bouncing

yeah i am going to try that, i dont know how granular weight gain did it for their mod since i unpacked the pak file the scripts show nothing for bounce there but if you have granular weight the bounce effect happens during one of the new stages “Corpulent”

Is there a complete list of clothes supported for the newly added intermediate sizes? The only set I know of is the Protectorate set, I might’ve missed it.

Granular uses the original bounceFactor values for each stage. It just changes the names around. Granular’s Corpulent stage is the first Fatty stage in the config.

i tried editing the config file but i couldn’t get bounciness to work with plump body, i also tested removing the bounce factor on stage fatty and it did indeed disable the effect but i am unsure why i can’t add it to the other stages.

Just tried it out with Pudgy and got it working. This is what it looks like
{
“kind”: “thick”,
“massIncrease”: 125,
“movementParameters”: {
“bounceFactor”: 0.8
},
“movementPenalty”: 0.95,
“statModifiers”: [
{“stat”: “maxHealth”, “effectiveMultiplier”: 1.1}
]
}

Yeah pudgy works but whats weird is i noticed that if Blobend is enabled for bounciness then the stage plump doesn’t work but if i disable bounciness from Blobend then it does work. I tried this multiple times and don’t understand why this is happening.

Not sure why Plump works when Blobend is disabled. It happens in my game too. I found some more mentions of bounceFactor in Bigfatties\stats\effects\gluttonbadgetracker\gluttonbadgetracker.statuseffect, try copy and pasting some values in there and see if it does anything.

Has anybody tried making a biome for this mod? maybe adding chocolate or lard as the biome’s liquid?

I believe so, though I’ve only heard murmurs of it over in the suggestion thread