Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

So I’m just here to say this. We should make some of the clothing from the Saturnians be compatible with this mod. Cause I feel like that could help a ton

slime appears to have a visual glitch, in that it doesn’t make the vanilla body invisible. It’s more prevalent at larger sizes.

2 Likes

I’ve been curious for a while, could the headgear slot be used to make boobs bigger? Like if you made the headgear sprites correctly, could you have boobs, belly, and legs/ass all separate parts that could have each size change independently, rather than boob size being tied to belly size? Just curious because if it is possible I’d like to try making it.

Thinking about it, I’m sure it could, but for it to work correctly, the base mod would have to be edited for the sprites to be toggled. Otherwise, you’d have to cheat in the “helmet” for it to work.

1 Like

I think the biggest problem with these would be that the helmets don’t allow animations that easily. (And by “not that easily” I mean “involving lots of unconvetional and lag-inducing coding”.) It’s just not feasable for that little benefit.

1 Like

There’s another downside to this. You’d force head items to be removed. And, as someone who has characters that wear glasses… This’d be an issue.

1 Like

simple solution: make a sprite with glasses and bigger boobs

You’d have to make combo sprites for every outfit you want. It’s not that easy.

1 Like

Not a glitch, an unavoidable fact of the transparency. The fatness basically just puts your character in a literal fat-suit, and with most, it’s opaque so we can’t see the normal body inside… except with slimes.

Hey I’ve been fumbling around for awhile and Im just kinda curious if the Toei Sonic/ Mobian race is still supported as I recall seeing it get mentioned.

I recall it was requested, but nothing was actually made for it. Sorry.

1 Like

Was wondering if someone could make a compatibility for these races too Steam Workshop::Twilit Wolves

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/vulpine-race.3434/

Plus if you’re using hats/hair items from another mod forget about it. I use the Gaige hair piece from the Borderlands items mod, and if this became a thing if anyone wanted to use it (I say that cause I wouldn’t) but also used that mod any hair items, or hair items that are hats from other mods, obviously wouldn’t be made compatible.

Well, I’ve kind of found a fix for it. If you use the website Hatter to make a “hat”, and check the option “hide body”, it hides the body and looks much better. However, this creates a new problem: from the sizes “Regular” to “Thick”, the arms are hidden. I’d imagine it would be a simple fix, though, and I’m currently working on that now.

1 Like

Uh… Noticed something with the NPCs using the feeding items. Yes, the animation and sounds play, but the NPCs don’t get fat.

I DO.

The fat is getting transferred to ME!

Chances are it’s because you used the feeding item first or you interacted with it. What happens is that the game thinks it’s you interacting with it rather than the NPC. Fortunately there’s two solutions (at least from my experience); either break and replace the item or use a different feeding item prior to the NPC interacting with the one you want them to (recommend putting it on your ship so there’s no chance they could get to it)

yup, to prevent it happening again, break and replace the offending object and use any of the fattening weapons on the NPC, usually a shake gun is enough to do this

I noticed the gregs from Frackin wouldn’t drink lard until they notice and fire on me(They CAN be fattened, they use human models).

Does fattening them up slightly make the furniture only affect the NPC using it, or are you telling me to use the fattening weapons just because they can make my tenants fat?

it sorta force activates the mod on the NPC, making the furniture only affect the character using it and allows them to go through the different levels rather than staying stuck on normal, just to make sure don’t use any furniture that an NPC is currently using as that still breaks it with the NPC still using it and you gaining the weight