Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

I’ve seen this question several times now, and while I certainly can’t speak for everyone who has worked on BF-compatablity for modded races, I can really only suggest not expecting too many people to put in that extra work for that particular addon.

Make no mistake, it’s a great mod for people who want to reach a more ideal weight range between the base sizes that exist from the main mod, but it also nearly doubles the workload by requiring even more spritework from creators. Considering that plenty of races also still have missing base sizes, with many more missing stuffed/filled variants - something I only JUST recently remedied for one I worked on - I definitely wouldn’t get my hopes up for more additions, but neither will I attempt to say that it’ll never get updated either, just very slowly more than likely.

…but hey, maybe I’ll consider adding granular sizes to any races’s fat sprites I work on in the future, it’ll make for some good practice at the very least!

1 Like

hey if I can ask could there be a adaptation to this race?

looks slimier to a race in FU but very different lore. a lot more about souls and stuff so maybe to text about the weight could be linked with that?

i dont know how to do the coding to make a race compatible, but you could use the weight models from the other compatible shadow race in the modfattiesraces file

how? I have not art or programming experience

I dont know how either, sorry. but i do know that if you download the Wardrobe mod and spawn yourself the Dark disguise shirt and pants, they should match your head

may i request an adaptation for the kobold race?

I still say this mod need to bloody fix the npcs having fattening weapons. I so sick of any real battle being only fat guns I removed the mod lower the odds for freaks sake

Feedback is great but you have no reason to be so rude, nothing stops you from looking up how to mod starbound yourself and fixing it. The script of the mod being enabled or not is run inside of the player so there isn’t a way to have that change whether enemies spawn with the weapons or not and enemy weapon spawns don’t have any weighting system to make precise adjustments to how often they will spawn with certain weapons. Yea it was one of the first things I experimented with when modding starbound so no duh it isn’t done great but if you’re just gonna complain do it yourself.

ok like you said I could have been politer. But I also recall saying this months ago and getting no response would weaken my desire to be polite but thats not much of a excuse. though of course I never Insulted the mod only said a area it could use improvement just not in a polite way

Thanks for the apology, now for more precise feedback what % of the time do you think enemies should spawn with the fattening weapons? I did have one potential idea for how to change the spawn rates somewhat.

honestly… I been more thinking why not have a type of foe that uses them. like a fat cultist has the fat rifle or whatever. while normal thine would be using normal.
but for a percentage… around 15 to 25% maybe? in small numbers it adds to the threat since it slows a player and messes them up for the lethal weapons

I was thinking of doing my own take of this, with weapons that still do damage, and a more reserved take for only specific npcs. And only one weapon for each. It seems like the more weapons there are for npcs to choose from, it gets diluted. So having like five fattening guns and only one normal gun makes it highly likely for the fattening guns to appear frequently.

2 Likes

while I was cleaning my Kitchen I had a few ideas on some solutions.
1 just reduce the chances a fatting weapon while show up on a hostile NPC.
2 Overfattened death. make it that some weapons can over fatten a player or npc and trigger a defate/death. the whole problem I had with the weapon being so common is it removed most of the danger in a mission. would need a med pack counter to lose the weight fast though and something from when the mod is turned off. maybe the weapons just cause damage.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been asked before, I skimmed a little bit but I found nothing, so, of the sergal support, does it support the 2016 or the 2020 vers. of the race?

Believe it or not it is actually quite easy to add support for another race

there’s an asset packer / unpacker in starbound32 found by using rmb on starbound in steam
and looking into the folder.

to use it though is kind of a lot to type within this- idk if there’s a limit lol so eh.

I’m sure there is a modding tutorial for starbound in both video and text form, if there isn’t- :upside_down_face: gl

ModFattiesEPShadowsAddon.zip (52.1 KB)

I’ve added support for another modded race, EP’s Shadow Race Mod. No stuffed or busty bellies though. All I did was take the shadow bodies and recode them, and removed the smoke particles since the race doesn’t have those.

2 Likes

thank you for that can’t wait to use it

Little bit curious if there’s going to be an adaptation for this race braixen the pokemon theme race | Chucklefish Forums

It didn’t have a pak file within the folder when i used winrar. What else can I do in order to get this mod?

Out of curiosity is there a plan of doing the Vanta race? They are apparently the nightar but picked up by a new person as the original race appears abandoned. Linking to steam workshop to show the race. I am not fully sure how to modify the files to allow for other races or if the files just need to be renamed.