Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

You mean the other way around(Judging from what you say next)?

What i mean is that you can see a difference in the weapons normal grunts use on a enemy ship versus the ones the higher tier mini bosses use. That latter could have a % chance of getting a fattening weapon so that they could either be a annoyance to you by making their team big and tanky or be a help by fattening you up while being tanky by the sheer fact of being that higher rank enemy. Could also remove the challenge though since the hardest enemy would not be able to do damage but thats why you need to make the % low.

Being fat makes us tanky now? Sorry, I missed some updates. ^^’
That’s certainly useful though, gives more benefit to fatness rather then just making us sitting ducks.

2 Likes

Yeah it increases your health by a large amount if you look at normal vs blob sized

1 Like

Actually, it multiplies your health by a set amount, this effect is seen even when wearing level 1 iron armor, and being a blob, the health is increased a considerable amount, because it is a multiplier. This effect also happens if you have a lower max health than normal, like 80 instead of 100. In this instance, your blob hp would be a lot less than it would be normally be in blob form with base 100 hp.

(Hope this knowledge helps everyone in some way)

1 Like

Are you still working on this? And are you taking suggestions for new races to be added?

1 Like

Heya.
If anyone who is good at spritework would like something to screw with, I’d like to suggest this:

Honestly, I’ve no clue on how to code for these mods. But, I’d absolutely be willing to have someone show me the ropes so that I can later.
Or hell, even a basic tutorial might be enough if there’s enough to extrapolate.

2 Likes

How about the angel race?

So is anyone having problems with Mod Fatties Races with the Protogen? Seems their weight gain bodies don’t transform right, they go from BIG to then base body size then Next Body Size. Is this becuase Granular or?

1 Like

if the race mod doesn’t have granular support it would be because of granular yes

1 Like

Hey, odd question, is that on the starbound unstable or the normal version? just asking

can we get support for the nuu race in this mod? Maple 32 (Nuu Mod) | Chucklefish Forums

1 Like

Feeling pretty dumb here and would appreciate some help. Big fatties and granular work fine for all non-mod races, but I can’t get any modded races to have granular support? Do I need both ModFattiesRaces and Granular pak, or just one? Tried combinations but doesn’t seem to work for me. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edit: Seem to have most of it working now, mostly through trial and error, but modded races still seem to lack huge and titanic sizes. Strangely they do have blob though. Are modded races just missing these two stages or is something wrong?

1 Like

Does anyone know how to make a compatibility patch for modfattiesraces? I have all the necessary Zoroark sprites at the ready. (Although, they are based on the old sprites and not the new ones…)

1 Like

To anyone using the Barometta race, how do you remove the other races included in the mod it comes in?
Also, what happens when fattening weapons/lard come in contact with unmodded race NPCs? Does it slow/crash the game? That’s my main concern.

Thanks!

1 Like

i never seen any zoroark sprites

1 Like

I have them on my computer; I made them myself.

I’m just clueless as to how to make the compatibility patch.

2 Likes

As long as none of the files shares names with something from BigFatties/ModFatties (especially their ‘itemname’) then you can leave it the way you’ve just posted it and it should work just fine!

I even checked through the MFR file and don’t see any Zoroark-based files in there already so you should be good to go! The only thing I recommend is linking the particular Zoroark race you’re using since there’s seemingly more than one out there for download.

1 Like

Good point.
I got mine from the steam workshop, but this is the same file so…
https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/zoroarks-wip-discontinued.4784/

2 Likes

I wonder if the Mod Fatties Races mod will update the Mephetor sprites when the new update to the Big Fatties mod rolls around.

1 Like