Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Is it really ridiculous to have to confirm something when joining an 18+ server? If anything it might just more so be an example of how way too lax 18+ servers are about people being of age, or probably intentionally want kids in their servers.
It’s not like there’s any other way for me to verify that the rules have been read. Because I certainly won’t just trust that people automatically read it without being forced to. Since that was the problem to begin wtih.

1 Like

The easy solution to your problem is to not join the server. It’s not difficult to get in unless you make it difficult, and if you make it difficult, well, blame yourself or God. You only have to do it once, and all the complaining in the world isn’t going to change it. The server will carry on perfectly well with just the users who can read the rules and follow instructions.

3 Likes

This has gotten way off topic.

I’ll be deleting any future comments in this thread that are in regards to this server rules dispute. Take it to direct messages.

6 Likes

Are the cow enemies still in the mod? I haven’t seen them in any of the forest or lush planets I went to and I’m wondering if I’m just unlucky or they have been removed.

The Mootants are only available in the wip versions currently.

1 Like

Unfortunately from what I was able to find last time I looked I think they’re in a version not publicly available, along with features that previously were, like the moon fuel ghost slowly fattening the player character up.

Kind of sucks cause I’d love to be able to try these enemies and other non-publicly available things out for myself. At least I still have an older version of the mod that had the fuel ghost feature I suppose.

1 Like

The fattening ghost from the erchius ghost was a feature added in the last stable build. And if you really want to try out the wip stuff, you just have to join the discord server. Or wait until I feel a wip version is good enough for the public.

2 Likes

Oh, that was added back? Nice.

As for the Discover server, I’d love to and I would have done so already but I only have one Discord account and this kind of stuff isn’t exactly something I’d wanna join a server for unless I had an alt account on Discord specifically for fetishy stuff like this.

Okay, turns out the feature is actually in the most recent version I have, which I got around 3 months into this year. I never really got to a moon so I didn’t really get to see if it was in the version I had or not anyway.

I genuinely don’t follow your logic. The last stable release, two years ago, introduced that mechanic. It was at no point ever removed.

1 Like

I thought the second part I edited into my last comment made it clear that it was a mistake on my part.

I hadn’t played the mod in quite a few months, so I assumed there had to be something new and re-downloaded it. As I was curious about the mod adding fattening enemies and other things I was looking up how to get them, since they didn’t seem to be in the version I had. (Again, before you see “version” and think I still think the mod was updated, I didn’t know at the time it hadn’t been updated since I last played it.)

That’s when I discovered the fattening enemies, like the ghost and cow enemy thing, were locked behind the WIP version of the mod, which was only available to people in the Discord. I also saw someone say that the fattening fuel ghost was included in things locked behind the WIP. Naturally I assumed it must have been removed and put there for one reason or another, since I wasn’t even close to going to the moon in my new save after I started playing the mod again.

I didn’t know that the mod hadn’t been updated in such a long time that the version of it I had the last time I played was still the most up to date version of this mod, making what the person said about the ghost incorrect.

TL:DR: I wasn’t aware the mod hadn’t been updated since the last time I played, saw someone include the fattening ghost feature as a feature only available in the WIP and assumed it was removed from the public version of the mod, leading to confusion, which turned out to be wrong. It was a misunderstanding.

I couldn’t download please help!

No worries, the file has long since been merged into ModFattiesRaces, which seems to still be up, although you’ll also need these files to fix some sprite errors that were present in the modpack version – oops!

It will likely end up being standalone again in the future though, especially whenever I get into the mood to update the sprites (whenever that’ll be), but that’s where it’s being hosted for the time being.

Edit: Forgot it’s ModFattiesRACES, not just ModFatties – been away from starbound for a while so oops again uwu.

1 Like

Thanks! You’re a savior. :relieved:

2 Likes

Since it’s been a bit. Figured I’d share ideas for stuff even later down the line. New playable races. Something I thought long and hard on.
The first race idea which you might expect when the next update drops are the Throgs. An idea that actually extends far back into Starbound’s history a decade ago with the long forgotten, Monster Monster Contest. They’re a group of fat, vore based pig folk that due to their history, are more lore friendly then a vast majority of other race mods.
starbound_HKbNXSJMpm
starbound_90PS9Nt2nT

Other race ideas you can expect farther down the line will include mutants spliced with Mooshi dna. Mootants if you will, though for the sake of playability. They won’t be the full on enemy variants you might’ve seen. But halfway mutated.
starbound_kmSTMnv47x

And the final idea is a canonical race in the Starbound universe. One that surprisingly hasn’t been created outside of a texture overhaul for an existing Starbound race. Harpies. In Wargroove, their are plenty of fantastical creatures anyone can be familiar with. Harpies are one of those that make an appearance. Due to references due to the Florans themselves that also make an appearance and dialogue of what happens in Starbound. Wargroove is canon to Starbound.
starbound_itboE9BCmQ

19 Likes

Hey Dispatch and the rest of the team. I don’t play Starbound very much anymore (I might get back into it for a bit who knows, just always liked more near future sci-fi myself) but after I officially joined the forums and all that I just wanted to say:

I only purchased Starbound because of your mod, and I would wager many others have said the same. Thank you all for your dedication not only to a mod of great breadth (pun intended), but also of general polish, and quality. I think some underestimate how much effort even the little things take. When modding pre-existing games there are boxes you are forced in, and breaking out of them to make something truly special as you all have done here is the sign of not only a great modder, but of someone who has world shattering potential, both realized and unrealized.

I have no doubts that I am not the first to say something like this, but for me I think I needed to say it.

I wish you Dispatch, and everyone else involved in the development of this mod good fortune, and that what you thought was the ceiling of your potential today as artists, coders, and beyond to get crushed evermore tomorrow both inside and out of this mod’s development, and judging that everything I’ve seen thusfar as I’ve checked in occasionally on development has been stunning, I doubt you needed my wishes of good fortune at all.

8 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

A part of me wishes I had more free time and motivation to have gotten this update out sooner. Slightly jealous that I can’t push out as much as I want to get down as others have on these forums. And my choice to redo the sprites didn’t help. Nor my ambitions for things to make up for the time such as the upcoming Throgs.

But I still think it’ll be worth it when it’s ready. The sprites and the new code/ui is good. And there are some good mods nowadays that have come out (Arcana, Starforge, etc.) that I think makes the wait all the more worth it for people to come back to Starbound. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer until I can share a public version of the WIP build. As it really is mostly just sprites that need to be done.

12 Likes

You don’t have anything to feel jealous of from my vantage point. If it says anything, I consider you and your team to be the peak of what I could ever achieve with my own ambitions for another certain pixel game where you mine and craft things. If I got something even comparable to this quality out there, that’s my yard stick for doing a good job. I think the redid sprites and the Throgs look absolutely beautiful. I have a great respect for those that have a high bar of quality, and you and your team most certainly do.

If the recent modern gaming landscape has told me anything, it’s if it’s really good, people are willing to wait for a little while, and I know it’s gonna be good, so as far as I’m concerned (and I don’t know how many people I’m speaking for here), take all the time you need. If it’s something you’re self conscious about, I assure you that there are triple-A companies that are worse at that part than you. People will forget about the wait when it’s there, and creativity doesn’t grow on trees. Those who would try and tell you to go quicker are the sorts of people who just don’t even understand the first thing about being a creative.

Ultimately, I guess just what I was and am saying is that you, your team, and this project are fantastic. Truly a golden example of a feature-rich, and high polish fat mod for a sandbox game, and not only the reason I bought Starbound, but the very reason I found this community in the first place all at the same time.

Absolutely incredible.

5 Likes

This is a two parter.
First thing is something I have to say. Regardless of your reason, nobody should be uploading my mod to random sites without my permission.

Secondly, the update will be receiving only one new size. Soft. An inbetween of the standard skinny, and thick sizes.
2022-07-04 19_02_26

23 Likes

It’s been a while since I last played Starbound, and I have a few questions before diving back in.

1. According to its Steam Workshop page, Quickbar Mini has been deprecated in favor of Stardust Core Lite. The creator says it’s compatible with any mod that uses Quickbar Mini. Should I go for Stardust Core Lite, or is it better to play it safe and stick to Quickbar Mini?

2. Do BF’s weight gain effects apply to only vanilla and BF foods, or do foods added by other mods cause weight gain, too?

3. Is this mod compatible with Food Stack (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729427436&searchtext=food+stack), or is it better if I use the stacking added by Tobias1595’s Food Patches?

The other two questions will be something that check again in a few weeks.
For the first question though, going forward updates of this mod will be using Stardust Core Lite. And that it’s recommended to not use either Quickbarmini or Stardust Core as the rewrite of the code is dependent on features exclusive to Stardust Core Lite.

4 Likes