Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Thank you very much!

With a good idea on what to keep and what to wait on for content as we get closer to our update and wishing we had more time to make this an even bigger update. One thing I thought I’d mention is the acceptance that okay maybe some modded races should receive some official support. Especially with how long it’s been.
With no guarantee they’ll make it for this update. But these are all the modded races that are currently on the table to be done. Some are being more prioritized than others.
Modded Races-Secret

20 Likes

If nothing goes wrong, there could be a public wip that can be posted in a few weeks.

niiice! I can’t wait! it looks awesome!

Ground slam ability, anyone?

11 Likes

Hey that’s pretty neat! Would definitely love to see that implemented into the upcoming update! :>

1 Like

Finally, now I can roleplay as a Thwomp just like I’ve always dreamed

2 Likes

Can confirm, SSVM caused the broken UI for me. Although, in my experience, just removing the SSVMVSO and SSVMSPOV content fixed it.

1 Like

can someone please make something to patch the distortionsphere/morphball momentum issue? also as an actually suggestion, please allow us to turn the “digested” stat application off. getting really annoying to have low grade loot come out of high grade humanoid enemies… also it just looks gross.

y e s

(this sentance is to tell the chat monitor to lay off and let me comment replies less then “twenty letters” long)

distortionsphere stuff is a non issue among a couple others with the update in the works. As for the digested thing, that is a balance to prevent getting end game armor at the start of the game.

1 Like

how would you even get to places with enemies that high level without getting shredded first? you couldnt even get close to them. it costs loads of fuel (especially without a moon in your system) plus looking for an unlikely dungeon on a dangerous planet. also ive seen one or two others in this thread complaining of the same morphball issue. also the speed isnt the issue, its the momentum. if im sitting on a sloped area i dont move. at all. at lower levels kinda but i also dont gain any momentum. i also dont have anything that modifies momentum outside of B.F.

and if its only a non issue for some then that means its an issue for the large majority of players

Non issue as in a bunch of things are fixed or improved in the upcoming update.

1 Like

ok, thanks. also i appreciate you even taking the time to respond to this. thanks man

Digested clothes have been changed a bunch since the full update. Doesn’t even happen without the relevant skill, and the calculation for the stats now just reduces it’s ‘level’ by one and caps it at the planet’s tier.
If an NPC is wearing tier 6 armor on a tier 3 planet, you’ll get tier 3 armour.
If an NPC is wearing tier 3 armor on a tier 3 planet, you’ll get tier 2 armour.

NPCs don’t actually use the stats from the armour they are wearing, their damage/health/protection is all just based off their level instead. It’d be silly if you could just eat a village guard or random npc on a low level planet and instantly get high tier armor.

11 Likes

Oh lorde they predicted Minecraft’s Nether Update

2 Likes

Something something fat scaling, damage dealing morphball.

17 Likes

Scales with your damage modifier from armour too, if anyone was curious. Those are just the base values. It goes from 5 - 30 damage with no armour >> 20 - 120 with tier 6 armour.

3 Likes

remind me can you still get damaged when morph ball’ed? because that looks cool as heck and op, or i just forgot Starbound’s balancing

1 Like