Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

You may’ve done the same mistake I did, and placed all of the files from the Big Fatties Clothes Expansion zip into the normal Big Fatties mod folder, whilst you actually need to make a folder called Big Fatties - Expanding clothes expansion and place the content in there.

1 Like

Yeah you need to that or give the folder a random name instead because it works fine you just need to put the extracted stuff into a folder then it work after putting it into the mod file in starbound

i made both… and both gave me the same problem

SSVM could work as a basis for some mods

The clothes expansion was coded explicitely as a separate mod. Best thing to do would be to place the clothes expansion in it’s own folder, and re-install the main BF mod to restore the overwritten files. The most important file should be _metadata at the very root.

If you want to integrate it into your BF folder, don’t copy the _metadata file but everything else.

Sorry, I’m a coder, not an artist. I simply took from what the mod already had.

If you already have functioning items for the different weights, have a look into scripts/fattyclothingsets.lua. Adding new sets should be easy.

Sorry for spamming a bit, but I am on a run! Behold:

NPCs now use the armor sets too. I updated the download link in my original post, but here it is again: Clothes Expansion v0.2.0

Have fun!

PS: Should I open a new thread for this?

2 Likes

Maybe a fresh unified thread would be useful. This one’s about a year old and a lot has happened since.

Before any thread pruning or optimization occurs I had a few wee little notions/requests as there are people on a roll with making fat race compatibility things.

There’s two obvious candidates for the fat treatment and one not so obvious one. And an honorable mention.

Felin

Bunnykin

And since the base humans are a little derpy faced for some… Ningen humans.

why that mod not working clothes expansion why is crashing :frowning:

If an error message pops up, screenshot it please. Also starbound.log from your storage folder can be helpful.

Is there a addon with more weight state’s out there?

happens to me too. idk what to do

i know this may be a stupid question, but do you keep the .rar files as they are or do you need to unpack them as well? cause i keep getting errors saying that the program im using cant open the archive (using 7zip) for both mod fatties and mod fatties races. i was able to unpack the lyceen pack though, which is why im askin if the .rars even need more work before puttin them in the mod folder

Yes you need to unpack the .rar files before putting them into your mods folder, you can use the free software winrar to do it.

well i was getting game crashes when the chuckle fish logo came up, so im guessin that may not be right

I have added those races in, for any future questions and bug reports related to mod fatties, or race suggestions please see the Mod Fatties thread so we don’t keep cluttering up the official thread.

1 Like

Here’s the link for the “Mod Fatties” thread.

1 Like

after installing this a lot of the npcs in the outpost go missing, the penguins keep dying as soon as they spawn and theres no way to progress through the game without Esther

Found and fixed!

I’m currently prepairing a new thread for the mod, it may be a few minutes until I post the update.

After the update, the NPCs should be spawned again when you enter the outpost. (They did for me.)