Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

what last update this mod?
Need some specific version to use this mod?

Hello, I’ve been playing with you mod for a couple hours and have come to a problem. The items in the game that are made to be fattened won’t “Detect” in the clothing menu. I have gone over your installation instructions but can’t seem to figure out what is wrong.

Edit: I have somewhat figured it out; I first have to select the clothing and manually place it in the fattie clothing slots, click save, then click detect. It works that way, but is a bit finicky.

1 Like

Dispatch keeps the latest version of the mod in the OP, via the dropbox link. Make sure to install it correctly as stated per their instructions, and have a great time!

The fat-ray doesn’t seem to be working for me. Am I using it wrong?

it only works on enemy npcs.

Hey, so, is there a way to keep NPCs at a consistent size? I have a chef NPC in a settlement I’ve been building, and I wanna keep her fat, but mobile. And, aside from hitting her with fattening stuff every now and then, I don’t know how to keep that weight up.

I have a few questions? Just got into this mod recently but there are a few things that I’d like to know about.

1. How do I some of the extra fat weapons that you see some of the enemies caring? I see them have have the Lard Launcher a lot and I would really like to get my hands on one of those. I also looked into the folders and saw Fat Daggers and Swords too. If those are a things too, would love to get my hands on them as well.

2. What are and where can I get all the good mods that go with all of this. I’ve seen stuff like the Jelly Slimes talked about before but idk if they still work.

3. After like an hour of playing, I finally realized that I could make a Swimsuit Scale Station but when I went into that, none of them worked. Is that just unfinished still or am I doing something wrong?

P.S.: I love this mod. Just wanted to throw that out there :3

Uh all of those things are from other mods.

1 Like

extra note. you can buy fat weapons for the shop

hey, so im using the feeding tubes for the players and nothing is happening with them, so im wondering if theres a switch or something needing to activate them? also with there is there a faq or something where i can find out how to do everything with the mod?

Just wanted to drop in and say this mod was great enough to not only get me to make an account here to talk about it, but also to put a good few dozen hours into Starbound itself despite never playing it before. I hope you keep it up because this is great stuff, and I’d love to see more updates for it!

2 Likes

tell me what the settings are responsible for

• Dynamic Size: Causes you to gain weight as you eat and digest food items added by the mod (food items in the base game don’t make you fatter), also includes using the feeding tube and chocolate/lard spray guns.

• Size hitbox: Changes the size of your character’s hurtbox as they get bigger. Being fatter makes fitting through smaller spaces more difficult or outright impossible.

• Solid blob hitbox: Affects you when you reach blob size, causing your character’s hurtbox to act as a physical object that has collision. Pretty much turns you into a wall of fat because enemies can’t pass through you - melee enemies basically have to stand on top of you to attack. Also makes collecting items on the ground more difficult.

• Equip items: Not sure, probably affects the cosmetic armor items that make you look fat in the first place, but I never fiddled with it.

• Size effects: As you get bigger, you gain extra health and defense with the cost of losing movement speed and jump height. Being fatter also reduces fall damage at certain sizes, not sure on the specifics but you become entirely immune at fatty and blob sizes, just bouncing off the ground.

• Busty/stuffed belly/filled belly: Purely cosmetic, changes the look of your character at certain stages of fatness. Doesn’t apply when you equip armor/clothing items.

• Drink liquid: Not sure what this affects.

2 Likes

two things,

1. base food items do fatten, though only a little via (to my knowledge) the well fed buff,

2. drink liquid lets you drink lard(placed in the world not from inventory), is kinda finicky though at least from when I’ve tried it.

1 Like

Oh, wasn’t aware that normal food actually caused weight gain, thanks for the correction. Also, what do you mean by lard placed in the world? Do you mean it’s like a pool of water/oil/lava? I haven’t seen anything like that, and out of curiosity I tried firing the lard/chocolate squirt guns into little holes to see if they filled up, but nothing happened. Unless that’s what you mean by it being finicky.

1 Like

Lard comes from Modfatities, as opposed to the base mod.

“Drink liquids” allows your character to drink coconut milk and slime. The process occurs automatically when you’re standing in a pool of one of those liquids that’s head-deep or greater.

There could be another liquid I’m forgetting (excluding those added by FU), so correct me if I’m wrong there.

1 Like

Ah, totally forgot about adding mods on top of other mods, lol. Thanks for the info.

It also lets you drink water iirc lmao

Just wanted to voice my interest in a server for this - this’d be more fun if we could get some roleplay going or something!

Out of curiosity. I’ve been checking this mods files and I was wondering which files made the character “slower/heavier” per say. I saw that it modifies the run speed and jump heigh at each stage, and I wondered if there is a gravity modifier attached to your weight of some sort?