Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

That would heavily clash with certain clothing. The Avian’s simple exotic attire, the Floran’s simple leaf outfits. The Hawaiian set, the Prehistoric set, etc.

1 Like

Hello Dispatch. Since my question got lost in all the others I’d like to say that i’m still interested in your response to mine, Thanks!

There is nothing to state at all about it.

I was expecting an answer to the question. It’s fine if you just say you don’t want to answer to it.

I’m kinda confused on what the sliders in the menu are. Food Value and Weight Loss Rate are pretty self-explanatory, but what do the others do?

Digestion rate is how quickly things are digested and converted into fat.
Digestion heal is how much healing you’ll gain for digesting things.
Gurgle rate is how frequently your stomach will gurgle, which will also have a large burst of digestion when occured.

1 Like

I think I might have glossed over this here. But one part of the upcoming update I wanted to do was my own take on what modfatties does. Giving enemy npcs weapons capable of fattening up players.
Aside from tailoring the weapons to fit in with the enemies using them, I’d want the weapon poll to not heavily favor them in comparison to the normal weapons. As well as the fattening weapons still capable of hurting players, so that it doesn’t trivialize potential encounters. And lastly, only specific enemies rather then almost every single enemy.

27 Likes

I know it’s probably a silly thing to ask for, might even be concidered rude since I’m not sure if the vore feature was just a side project but can the vore be a bit more… realistic…? like I eat an entire person and I gain about as much weight as if I had eaten a sandwich… and I can move pretty unhindered.

can’t stress enough how much I Love the mod but I just wanted to ask for more vore love.

1 Like

Bit of an odd question but will there be some sort of healing stomach ability for the vore side of the mod?

can somebody make the blob clothing ?

I’m not into vore, but I was talking to someone about this mod and they said there’s another vore mod out there for this game. Again, not my thing, but this mod should be focusing on weight gain, bellies and stuffing. Having two separate mods for different things is the better option, that way no one is waiting for one thing for ages because of the other feature, or one feature isn’t being worked on properly because the other needs attention.

1 Like

well the vore mod that Does exist doesn’t even Have weight gain, so that other mod is even Further from gaining weight from vore.

I don’t really see how that helps at all really. having two separate mods just seems like more work to maintain and handle.
It should be worth mentioning that the other vore mod in question (most likely SSVM) doesn’t have weight gain aspects.

Also, the main focus is weight gain. The vore addon came long after the mod was first released, and besides it’s able to be toggled, so I don’t see the issue really.

The vore portion of the mod is not at all “making things wait for ages”. And despite being completely optional, it still goes hand and hand with weight gain, bellies, and stuffing. It’s an alternate method to achieve those goals, which SSVM cannot provide. No one is forced to use the vore part of the mod if they don’t want to, and it won’t have an impact on the rest of the mod.

After doing some testing, I think somewhere along the way the values for how much you get from digesting npcs got busted somehow. Normally you should gain about half the amount of for a rise in weight size without altering the values from the ui. And even fattening up npcs to be blobs, as the fatter they are the more there is to distribute, didn’t give as much as they should. That’s something I’ll adjust for whenever I get around to the next update.

4 Likes

Let’s also not forget that SSVM has not been updated in ages. And, if it has, I’ve not seen note of it anywhere.

2 Likes

How would one go about editing the text descriptions? I was thinking of changing the description for the Avian’s reaction to Weight Reassignment signs to something that shows the Avian subscribes to the religion of the Grounded, instead of the “how dare they!” message.

You can do it all by yourself. That’s pretty easy thing to do.
First, you need to download notepad++ or some other plain text editor. Then, unpack the mod and play with the descriptions.

1 Like

Ah, I am assuming I shouldn’t use regular notepad then? (Totally didn’t try editing it as a plain-text and crashing my game forcing me to redownload my mods >.>)

1 Like

Nothing serious, just pondering. As it’s now the one year anniversary of the steam summer sale challenge where all players had to do was drink a can of soda in starbound. Consequently causing so many players to drink thousands upon thousands of cans of soda in game. Even not knowing there was a limit and yet kept chugging anyways.

Summer Sale 2019

13 Likes