Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Open the main menu of the mod, at the bottom right of it there are 2 squares; one is green, the other one is red. You will need to press the red one, the menu will turn red and becomes the vore menu of the mod. Simple enable it and you will get a new item, a mouth. With that you can vore npcs and small critters only. Hope i could explain it good enough.

I’m curious how the mod tracks NPC weight. Do all NPCs have their own individual weight value, or is weight tracked only via the cosmetic apparel?

I’m asking because I’m thinking about editing NPC outfits so they have a chance of spawning with fattened clothing. I’m not sure how this would interact with NPCs gaining weight through normal means, like the lard gun.

1 Like

Hey the Novakid fat/chubby sprites are slightly darker, at least when using the teal color for them. I love the mod, by the way. I’d upload an image to show what I mean but I just made an account

This is an issue that has existed for years and is unfortunately something that is impossible to fix. Novakids are made to always ignore lighting to reflect the fact they themselves are a glowing light source. The method to gain weight in this mod, equipped armor, cannot ignore lighting in the same way any other sources can. The closest thing you’ll get to a fix is a mod to turn off the full bright for novakids.

This is the mod i use. you barely notice the glow effect is gone.

Oh, thanks for the clarification then, appreciate it!

Just figured out how to add the fattened outfits to npcs and did some testing with a lard gun and some hazmat scientists, and it doesn’t seem to work well, so I probably won’t add that to my addon. It would be nice if npc equipment could be read by the weight gain system to determine their starting or minimum weight, but I realize this is a pretty niche request.

1 Like

hi i was wondering will simple vore mod conflict with this mod because they both seem like they would fit great together like you vore someone digest them then gain fat.

They don’t seem to. I am running them together and haven’t really had any problems. Though they go about vore a little differently so you will have to test it out further.
Though i will say, the Habani that come with the SSVM don’t have fat growth sprites ( at least not the version i have )

okay thank you for the info.

Oh yes, the original custom races included in SSVM very much don’t have fat sprites considering it’s its own separate mod, so they’d have to be included in ModFattiesRaces (or just standalone) like any other modded race! Not sure what would happen if you try to fatten one of the non-original modded races integrated into the mod as tenants but…probably won’t work as expected, more than likely.

@MaximusTheFatasseon But yeah, SSVM and BigFatties generally play along nicely enough with one another as far as I can tell in terms of compatibility, the most you may have to do is remove certain stuff from SSVM (for example, the Avali “costumes”) if you don’t want some weird costume/armor shenanigans going on but nothing crash-causing at the very least.

As for the “gaining weight from digesting people”, that’s already a function of the base BigFatties mod so you can very much not have SSVM installed and still be able to gain weight from eating NPCs!

1 Like

didn’t even know you could vore in the base fatties mods.

Ah yes, the vore part of the mod is slightly hidden and is accessible if you click on the red box in the bottom left corner of the BigFatties U.I. Make no mistake, while the mod may have more of a focus on the fat side of things, the vore portion is still some good stuff~ :ok_hand:

will have to try it after i um get rid of all 166 mods that my friend gave me in there mod pack. and no thats not a typo 166 mods in total.

I have a question for anyone who knows how to manually mod: Can you make a guide on how to manually mod all the mods in this Google Document?

1 Like

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about manually opening up the .pak files and making your own changes?

Okay so I’m not true if this is from Mod Fatties or if it is something left over. (I know theres a left over fat Novkid race so Idk)

It seems when you feed frogs they grow breast but don’t get any fatter, I’m guessing if this is left over or a WIP.

Frogs are weird as a whole, they’ll not a real race like the Fenerox (that have their weights) or penguins but they’ll costumes like Agaran or the Deadbeat but they aren’t as basic and basic and bland.

So if it is something that you’re planning to work on then it would make sense. (I’m using base mod fatties so if it is that then why wouldn’t it be in Modfattiesraces, idk)

No, I mean a tutorial to manually install mods, because I’ve never installed mods manually before, and I don’t know what mods still work or not. Just a Guide to Manual Mod Installing

That is something you should just look up on google. Starbound isn’t a niche game that has only two mods.

Fair enough. While I was installing mods, I found that the Food description Fix and Joliair’s Fatty Dungeons come up as errors. I think those need to be updated