Text Adventure Game - Strasbane University

Putting images into the game from what I’ve seen is… difficult. But I can post a little map I’ve made of the school building if that helps.

4 Likes

@Revengeancer Lookin Good!

1 Like

yo this is great! everything so far is really well done! also i know its mainly about wg, but would you be adding a stuffing sequence or aspect in the future? like maybe when eating meals you can decide whether to keep eating or put the food down when full, or maybe an eating contest event at the diner :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m from Poland and I was happy to see a (possibly) Polish character in this game :slight_smile: Good luck on your project!

1 Like

Found a type of typo, looks like somehow you moved the first half of Jeff’s reply later on in the dialogue.

Also finding my way around is difficult, but I think Quest allows for in-game map image generation? Perhaps looking into that would help navigation be easier.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I’ve tried working with the Quest map but it’s very glitchy with rooms overlapping and the map sometimes displaying the player in incorrect locations. But I can try enabling it for the next update and see what people think of it.

Is there a way to get fatter? And if so, what’s the maximum weight you can be at?

Current there is no size bigger than morbid obese. Earlier builds did show off a morbid obese1, hinting at the idea that a size even larger would be available. But nothing larger is currently available.

So far, we are still patiently waiting for an update

It’d help if I knew what was where

Just wondering, since it seems to be implied by a few moments throughout the game: Will there be transformations that the player can take?
Also, I have a few ideas:

Idea 1: If I remember correctly from the Harry Potter series, there was a “Forbidden Magic” section in the Hogwarts Library that students were not allowed into. Perhaps you could add a similar situation where you have to sneak in, whether it be because another student broke in, someone forgot to unlock a door, Raul gives you a key, ETC. Of course the solution(s) would have to be hidden from the player, but if they found their way in, they could learn some pretty powerful magic!

Idea 2: Obviously more weight stages would be really good. However perhaps you should restrict players from choosing Obese for their starting weight, since, at least when I played, it was the highest weight in the game.

Idea 3: Hints about where Raul is. I.E: If you miss Raul on day 2, on day 3, one of the students would say they saw a strange bearded man in (Location), or headed towards (location), while holding a strange briefcase/backpack/sack.

1 Like

Almost forgot!

Idea 4: If you can’t add a map in the game itself, maybe make the map a bit more accessible on the site (I.E. adding it below the game’s link rather than buried in the replies), and also add some labels to it.

labels would be nice, otherwise it’s just abstract art.

3 Likes

I agree. Seeing stats change is always an interesting and fun mechanic!

2 Likes

…this is going to seem reeeeeeally stupid after looking through all these comments.
So I started up the game and I went around exploring. Seems like I’ve pretty much been everywhere, talked to everyone, and I’ve done just about everything I could… what now? I can’t sleep and I can’t order anything passed one meal. Any ideas?

1 Like

You might have missed attending a class? That’s usually how the days advance, when all classes are taken.

1 Like

It took me too long to figure that out…then I spent hours searching for where I had to be…

I wish to be part of this team~<3

1 Like

Is there a way to add art into the game?

I worked on a project for a bit in Quest and YES, you can put images in, however there is a limit to the filesize you can upload a game to on textadventures.co.uk and images increase file size a lot.

What if they were simple sprites?