The Big Fat Vore RPG

I have a few things to say about the Volcano Bakemeat encounter.

Firstly, some bugs:

•The entry hallway to this bossfight is quite a few tiles wide, and getting partially down it causes the party to move the rest of the way automatically, then triggers the encounter. This is fine, but entering the encounter from anywhere besides the column of tiles directly aligned with the flame causes the boss’s music to be incorrect; it plays a standard random encounter theme rather than VB’s unique theme.

•When a party member is swallowed by VB, it can still damage and even kill them with Feeding Frenzy; if a party member is killed while inside VB, they can be revived, and the boss’s sprite will still show them inside it. The expansion and related dialog won’t play, and the immobile status won’t occur either.

Now for some miscellaneous comments:

•I appreciate that each party member gets a unique dialog exchange for when they’re eaten by the boss, that’s a very nice touch.

•Some of the dialog mentions the possibility of the eaten party member exploding… is this something that may actually be incorporated into the game in the future? Could be an interesting status effect, damaging the whole party and KOing the affected after X turns…

With all that out the way, I just wanna say thank you for making this game! I’ve really been enjoying it, and I love the characters and enemy designs. I also love the expansion mechanics! And I’d like to ask one last question: are you still taking volunteers for more characters, or are you full up on them?

1 Like

My save file do not seems to be working, like when I load it I can’t move at all, Is this a bug?

1 Like

Hey, so I’ve been playing for a while and I have to say that I really like how much new content there is, especially the new characters. So far I only used Chitrab in battle, and I noticed that his Dough Destroyer ability doesn’t seem to deal damage to him like it states in the description, so maybe that’s a bug?
Also, as a suggestion, I’d like for him to have an ability that makes enemies target him more. It would be really useful considering how he works. So far so great, I’m enjoying the new version a lot!

1 Like

Those were pointed out to me a couple days ago. Not sure how on earth that music issue happened, but it should be an easy fix.

Uh, maybe? Right now it’s just a throwaway line. It’s not meant to foreshadow anything. <:V

Glad you’re enjoying it! And yes, I am still accepting characters to be put into the game. I’ve thought about making a separate thread for that, but I don’t wanna clog up the board with my shenanigans. :V

Are you using a save from an older version of the game? Because they won’t work with this version.

It’s a bug, yeah. Poor Chitrab’s abilities are pretty good and borked. I might just rework them entirely so they aren’t just damage-dealing abilities.

1 Like

On a similar note, it seems like none of the characters can equip the Orb of Spherification.

1 Like

That’s fair; to be honest, the more I think on it, I don’t really feel like it’d be a good fit for the game’s style? Probably best to leave that to the professionals, by which I mean the Bomber enemies.

1 Like

How do you get Caer oversaturated? Nothing seems to trigger it. Or is it just a skill she learns at a higher level?

1 Like

It’s a skill that Caer learns at Level 10.

Depending on how you want to use it, you have three options. You can full heal the party (but make them fat), you can remove all debuffs to your party (but make them fat), or you can make Caer explode (which does high damage but KO’s Caer).

1 Like

So, I beat the new flame boss thing, is there anything else I’m meant to do after that? The warp room has one more mirror but I don’t know where to go to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found out where to go.

Also, can I say that it’s really cool to see sonas of people I know personally in this game? I noticed a certain Chicken that brought a smile to my face.:slight_smile:

Now, to refind the prison place…

2 Likes

so full heal but inflict fat, full status removal but inflict fat, and Kamikaze attack

1 Like

In the first prison rooms where is says “you must be this wide” the initial wall lacks collision.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply on this, but yes, those three options are what Caer’s Oversaturate skill does.

1 Like

the collision issue in the dungeon is an issue someone else pointed out to me a few days ago
no idea how it happened, but it should be an easy fix

1 Like

I find it a bit unnecessary that you can have nine party members when you can only use four of them at a time. I get it if the idea is to switch out party members to fit the situation, but there’s no way to do that during a battle. Thus, you would need to either telegraph what might be needed for upcoming encounters, or let players save scum.

While I’m talking about party members, can I also talk about Tuna-chan? Out of all the characters, I find her to be, by far, the least useful. I suppose that’s intentional given the fact that her whole character is a joke, but come on. Her kit relies entirely on spending FP on attacks that are completely dwarfed by all the other characters’ moves. Plus, for whatever, reason, she’s the only character who can’t keep her FP between fights.

1 Like

This is a nice RPG, but it has to develop much. Needs a lot of changes and adds, except the main game.

• Change the name: “The Big Fat Vore RPG” doesn’t sounds good, I suggest “Leane’s Castle” or “Leane’s Feast” or something like that.

Some characters look useless: tuna, coockie-berserk, Akuma-parody. Kyra & Ash are so-so. Other are nice.

• Add settings exactly to game (sound & BGMs, (full)screen, contros, autodash ect.).

• Add almanac or special spell for checking foes’ stats.

• This game has a bug: if a character was been eatten, than killed, you can resurrect her/him and (s)he will be playable. Well, left this bug, because Bakemeat is very hard, I had to use a shahid repeatedly. So, if that boss would eat Caer, the win will be impossible.

• I want to see characters in full screen height as in Vale City, considering current states of characters. Especially a squirel from kitchen and Wendy with her Big Belly Dance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).(I know what it’s will be hard but it’s worth it,

3 Likes

all of those are very good suggestions, especially the settings (to turn down the excessively loud music at times), bestiary (so we can know how strong the enemies are and which expansion effects can or can’t work on them), and full portraits (because what’s the point of an expansion game with sprites if you can’t see the characters in their full expanded glory?)

3 Likes

Last suggestion can be realized by scrolling (imitate camera rolation). For example: a foe casts something, then leave to the left, your party appears from other side and shows effects, camera turns back.

2 Likes

I think I have player/seen some games that do that, but what I mean is not simply a passing glimpse of what happens, I mean being able to freely look at the party members

1 Like

Aye! Actually being able to SEE our units fattened and whatever would be nice.

1 Like

Hey! I’ve been forgetting to tell you how much I loved this update! All the new content was great!

3 Likes