The Big Fat Vore RPG

I’m curious about the fast travel system mentioned in the update, when and how do I access it?

1 Like

Oh man, this was a big update! I quite enjoyed it!

I’m a little sad the immobile status doesn’t stick around and change the character sprites post battle and that you can’t inflict it on enemies. Thats like my one tiny gripe/wish for the game. lol

I’m excited to see what happens next!

2 Likes

I only agree with Tuna-chan being useless. The other characters have strengths, weaknesses, and playstyles of their own, but they can seem redundant. Once I unlocked them all, my core team consisted of Caer, Wendy, Kyra, and Ash. I found Kyra and Ash’s magic attacks to deal a tad more damage than Libra’s. Also, having all my damage-dealing characters focus on magic means that Wendy doesn’t need to worry about buffing their physical attack or debuffing enemy physical weakness. Plus, late-game Caer has no trouble sustaining her friends’ MP. If I wanted, I could easily swap Kyra and Ash with any two between Kass, Chitrab, and Yva for a party composition focused on physical damage.

2 Likes

TBH Joined just to comment here-
I absolutely LOVE this game.
First of all - serious kudos just for doing up the graphics yourself - I wound up getting really drawn into the game just from seeing how many different expressive face portraits there were in particular.

The gameplay - the difficulty balance is pretty alright, I skipped a good number of random encounters, so some of the fights were pretty challenging…
That said - I love that the expansion related status effects actually have an impact on battle, altering your stats in a few different ways, and being inflictable on enemies in turn…

That said, it was surprising how many ‘blank’ game overs and fights there were… I don’t mean to suggest making the game a ‘bad end gallery’ - but it feels like a little bit of a lost opportunity sometimes, because a lot of these characters and enemies are -really creative and interesting-, and I’m kind of left wanting to see what happens a lot of the time, what this creature might do, how the characters would react to being bitten by the fruit bat, or being puffed up by the HFC Sorceress, for example - those iirc are the characters first times getting puffed/berried, it would be a great dialogue opportunity whether it’s a win/loss

The battles themselves are really enjoyable - solid balance of RPG elements, the really fun designs, and blending the expansion fetish quirkyness with the battle system itself!
Though what’s always most memorable are the things that break out of the typical formula - the quirky events, the scenes where you get dialogue between the characters - that stuff is the BEST!

The bubble gum enemies were the first ones I remember of this, and the vampire fights too - but the best is absolutely the Volcano Bakemeat encounter - getting varied reactions based on who gets gobbled up!

If anything, it does feel like the three expansions that can occur during battle could be… well, expanded upon!
They’re very fun when you first see them, but at some point they start feeling like generic status debuffs… like - oh no, Caer has been hit with a TREMENDOUS blast of extreme fattening energy! She-… moves a bit slower now.
I’m not exactly well versed in RPGmaker - though I wonder if you could have different ‘stages’ of these effects? Kind of like how some games have ‘minor’ poison and ‘serious’ poison… Then there might be a bit more reason to be worried when someone gets fattened - the next fattening attack might be immobilizing!

2 Likes

different intensities of the expansion effects with sprites to match is a pretty good idea, the more intense the status the greater its effect is, now you already mentioned fat being able to turn into immobile, but inflated could serve as a sort of doom thing if it gets intense enough, and blueberry could function like that one enemy that swells up like a blueberry before exploding and inflicting your party with the blueberry effect, but if you inflict it with that effect instead it explodes instantly and hits its allies instead. now I also got an idea where the fat status ailment increases your physical resistance in addition to reducing your speed, because after all a softer body should make it so some attacks just bounce off harmlessly

1 Like

Thank you! I had a lot of fun spriting all this stuff out! Trying to get it to work in the game, not so much. :V

Honestly, I have kind of mixed feelings about the idea of “Bad Ends.” Like, I can understand the appeal of seeing how things can go badly for the main character(s), but in a game more or less centered around expansion, this kind of stuff should be a reward, rather than a punishment. So there’s probably not gonna be much in the way of Bad Ends in the game.

I honestly don’t know how to program something like that in. <:V

1 Like

Can you give Libra an immobolizing spell ? In next update.

1 Like

This game is amazing! Especially the bad ends where Leanne gets ya.
I know you might not go for more “Bad ends” but they’re honestly one of my favourite parts of the game!

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve beaten every boss in the update, gotten every party member, but I feel like I’m still missing something content wise…

Where am I intended to go after beating Volcano Bakemeat?

1 Like

Well, after that boss/area is essentially the end of the current batch of content. There’s very little to speak of on the third floor, and that’s where I’m gonna move to fleshing out next after ironing out all the issues I can find.

1 Like

The game is really fun beyond the fetish factor, with good interactions between characters giving good comedy, it is just in terms of difficulty.

How do you defeat the slime demon with meat? she really is a tough boss.

1 Like

I did it by constantly having Caer detonate and get revived by another character. Even then you need to make sure the character you’re using to revive doesn’t die

1 Like

I can’t help but notice that RPG Maker MV is on sale on Steam. Is that something you’d be interested in?

1 Like

Best party members to fight the slime meat demon? and, is the final boss?

1 Like

Yes, it is the final boss (so far at least). For it I used Caer, Libra, Chitrab and Wendy, though I think that’s far from being the best party member combination. I mainly used Libra’s reviving ability to bring back Caer as often as I needed, and then used healing items/healed while waiting for Caer to Oversaturate and Detonate to restart the cycle, so Chitrab and Wendy can die and you’ll still be fine.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha, gotcha. Thanks for the good work, and keep it up!

As for the topic of Bakemeat, I beat them with the team of Caer, Libra, Wendy, and Kyra. Caer played the Healer role, using Wish every turn to keep everyone topped off. Libra used Arcane Arrow almost exclusively. Wendy used her Serenade and Ironheade techniques to keep everyone in fighting order, then used Dancing Swords when everyone was buffed. Kyra used Ghost Strike exclusively unless the boss used Feeding Frenzy twice; in that case, she doubled up on healing with Caer. This is a slow burn team, but the one I used for every boss after getting Kyra.

2 Likes

Wasted 4 hours on a fat RPG and had a great time, I’ll be excited to see what the updates bring!

2 Likes

If you had a great time, it wasn’t a waste. :wink:

3 Likes

First of all, I want to say that the game is just great. I enjoyed the passage (I especially liked the links, especially the one that was associated with fire). I will look forward to the next update. I have only one question. In the game files I found a thicker version of Ivory. How will I achieve this? In my case, she just tricked me into 100 crumbs and now sits in the dungeon.

2 Likes

Oh, the larger Ivory sprites aren’t implemented yet. I kinda jumped the gun on a couple of these art assets. :V
Expect them in a later update. Probably not the next one, though. That’s gonna be a bugfix update.

2 Likes