The Big Fat Vore RPG

They mean the GAME name.

1 Like

derp on my part //////

1 Like

I mean, even if it’s not always present in the gameplay, vore is certainly a pretty big part of the plot. So, I think the name’s fairly apt.

Any idea on where to find nightbite? or is that event not in the game yet?

It is. You can access her event from the second floor, but you need an item you get from the Heap to get there. :V

thanks dude i totally missed that lol

I think I found a bug. Chitrap has a skill that buffs all allies speed. but for somereason it only seems to work on dead allies. not living ones but at the same time I get that skill he also gets a skill to revive a team mate

1 Like

as a player I was kind of disappointed in the fact the vore is only on a few enemies and that it wasn’t a player thing. and this is from someone that only slightly into vore. I wouldn’t say vore (especial the graphic kind that I could do without) is a fetish like weight gain. its just a interesting thing to add to weight gain
I could see a game where you take the place of the games main antagonist ( thought not the exact character just a similar role)

I imagine that allowing the player characters to eat enemies would just trivialize combat. It would essentially be an instadeath spell, which there’s precedent for in RPGs, of course… And they’re generally either unsatisfying to use or borderline-useless.

Plus, being that battles use a first-person/front-view perspective, you wouldn’t actually see anything, anyway.

ok fair point of it not doing much on looks.
but the instant death thing I do have to argue about. if it was done as a raw chance similar to how pokemon games handled catch chance it could be a fair method to have it work. a full health foe will be hard to vore and even then could break out. while a low health foe will be vored with no problem. and on death heal the character but make them fat. or add what ever effect said foe had. aka eat a bloated (blueberry) foe and get the same affect on said character
and the combat is already kind of trivial

I mean, you got me there.
But still, Pokemon are only fun to catch because you get something worthwhile out of it. And healing’s already really easy to come by, anyway. Caer starts the game with a pretty competent healing spell, and MP is really easy to replenish.

It’d be a fun mechanic once or twice, though.

Put out another update. I edited my OP with the link, but I’ll put it here, in case you don’t feel like scrolling up. :V

Nothing fancy here, just a bugfix and balance update.

4 Likes

A question that I hardly see here, this game is great and I am loving but as everything in life has an end the game will be completed one day.

I was wondering, do you plan on continuing to create games like this? with different places, and characters? or even a continuation of this project or a spin-off. I notice that you put a lot of care into this project, putting in very good art, very beautiful and well-fitting themes and it’s kind of sad to know that one day will have an end :pensive:

so what do you intend to do after the game is completed? :thinking:

No idea :V
That’s kind of a ways off, though. I’ll cross that bridge when i get to it.

1 Like

so Ive found the observatory but i cant find the last beetle jelly

Great to see a bunch of inflation here too! My gripe with the game at the moment is the balance, it’s all out of wack. The first few bosses are laughably easy, and you get a skill that makes practically every single debuff-removing item obsolete within the first half hour of the game.

After playing through the entirety of the game, I retract my statement. The balance is still wack in some places (like the start), but towards the end, the super-diverse lineup of characters and a bunch of moves makes combat quite entertaining. My gripes now are traversing an area when you don’t need to fight anything (just wasting time), and that your inventory gets filled with clutter fairly often. Also, there aren’t many game over scenes or a game over gallery to view post-game (though those are just nitpicks).

1 Like

Amazing game so far. Was it hard to get the inflation/weight gain/blueberry system working? And how did you go about doing it?

The jokes in this game are top-tier, and the Jerma reference is the icing on the cake

3 Likes

I accidentally deleted my data after beating the last update.
Can someone drop a save file I could steal from where the new update starts?
Would really appreciate, thanks