The Curse of Something: A RPG Game About Large Furry Men

I don’t think it makes any specific reference to main character’s race so you’re free to imagine yourself as an anthro if you wish. Things like the Werewolf TF item only make references to the actual tracked stats of height, weight, strength and cock dimensions, so it shouldn’t break immersion.

Honestly, the game’s good enough to give it a try.

2 Likes

I wonder if being able to make a character sheet might help immersion. I dunno, if the character is supposed tobe what you want them to be, then it’d be cool to input things like a name, species and other things into a bio you can look at when you choose.

1 Like

As of right now, there is almost nothing referring to your species. At some point I want to make new additions to the player descriptions, and when I do I think I’ll add a way to select a species when you start.

7 Likes

Cool. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t mind just being able to type the name of the species I want to play as. …Maybe because I wanna be an anteater, and anteater’s are very niche. Though, honestly, I’m fine with just about any animal that’s not human. …Or certain apes. Not an ape fan, though I like lemurs and some monkeys.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll try to do it in a way where you can be anything.

There’s a new update out now! [V0.6.2]

• You can now fuck the bat and the shark! Find them at the pier’s bulletin board at night.

• You can get more battle skills if you go to the bulletin board in the evening.

• Winner’s Bar is now open: Complete quests to get special items.

Play it here

5 Likes

Huh, so the upgrade stone for the Fat ring raises it’s cap to 5000, neat. Not sure if we get anymore upgrades for it but paired with the muscle ring I can stay in the apartment for just a bit longer… until I break the muscle ring that is…

3 Likes

I’m trying so hard to figure out how to get to the cobra man.

Oh, for now the cobra is only in the patreon version. A new update’s coming out on the 8th that will include him.

4 Likes

Alright, finally the cobra update is out! [V0.7]

• There’s a new enemy at the castle: The Cobra Warlock. He infects you with a fattening venom and gains power the fatter you become.
  • There’s a new area that you can find at the junkyard: The Magic Shop. It’s run by the Kobold Mage and you can get spells that use arousal to cast.
  • TransTech Donor Card as a new reward added to Winner’s bar. It lets you get transfer tokens at the collection facility.

Play it here

3 Likes

Love this game so far! The t-rex guy is probably my fave so I’m really exited to see what happens with him in the future. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it

2 Likes

There’s a new update out now! [V0.7.2]

This new version includes:
• A New Area: The Underpass - Get more curses from the Cobra Warlock. You can now have the curse of Manliness and Corpulence at the same time. Plus more new curses.
• Cobra Warlock now gives gifts after battle. You can compliment him to get a new item- Wizard Hat: reduce damage but increase the effects of spells
• New image for the Kobold fuck scene
• New scene where you fuck the Kobold - He trusts fellow wizards.
• A new option when you order food that lets you buy enough to completely fill you up in one click.

Play it here

3 Likes

I can be a fat beefy hyper muscle hyper blob now? Perfect! How do I find the underpass?

2 Likes

If you’ve met the Cobra Warlock, you can find the Underpass by exploring.

2 Likes

IT’S HERE ’ w ’

nice stephen king reference huehuehue

1 Like

So far the update is great, my only issue is it seems literally every time the Cobra Warlock curses me, it’s the wrong curse. Regardless of the one I pick it’s either tininess, thinness, or rage. Also, sometimes when I pick the curse of rage he acts like I asked for the curse of thinness and says he was successful?

Edit: nevermind, apparently that’s what the curse book is for and you’re supposed to fail the first few times. That’s my bad.

I will add a minor complaint here: energy.
Like, in general.
The way energy is balanced the curse of Manliness doesn’t restrict you like the curse of corpulence does. The minute you get too fat, you’re done. Your game is essentially over outside of the city. No more exploring, no more combat, no more anything save for what you’ve already unlocked in town. It’s frustrating. I’d like to see a way to permanently keep you from becoming completely energyless, possibly something as simple as a higher energy floor than 0 outside of combat. That way I can still see/interact in fights without immediately insta-losing due to lack of energy.

4 Likes

True, yeah there’ll be some changes as far as energy is concerned in the next couple of updates

1 Like

Hey Is it okay that I was able to game so hard that I reached the stack overflow limit and basically broke the game?

I reached this limit in, I’m guessing because I had to restart that game, multiple different stats.

Yeah, I guess that means you won, haha!

5 Likes