The Glade of Greed

I’M SO EXCITED!

I’ve been working on this game for the past few days, and I’m REALLY proud with how it came out! This is my first time ever working with Twine, and I feel like I figured out a lot of things about how the program functions and everything along those lines!

I have a small variable for weight that will force a character down a certain path if they are within a specific range, and if that’s out of the range for a weight system that is totally fine! I am just really happy that I got to work on something and finished it!

PROBABLY the last time I edit the post? I just forgot to mention that there are six endings in the game, consisting of 4 bad ends and 2 good endings! If you can find them all, then good on you! I didn’t really try to hide them!

I’M STILL SO EXCITED!

Anyway, here’s the link to the game! It’s in Google Drive, because I have no idea how else to shove it in here! Just download it and open it with your desired browser!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMIfto6gi_WxI_ghfvmxU2Y4ute0zU7j/view?usp=sharing

I would also like to thank MODOK123.1 who helped me figure out a whole bunch of things about Twine, and is the one reason this game is possible! He is making the most ambitious Twine game I have ever seen, “Love is the Way to my Heart”! It has so many variables, and I have never been so intimidated by a project in my life! Here is the game!

Oops! I forgot I had two more people I would like to thank, so I’m doing it now! First we have eatfortwo, who helped me a little bit and explained a few programs that could help me along the way! I didn’t use them, but I still appreciate the help!

And then there is dingotush, who gave me some more advanced help at the beginning right before I started my project! He also gave me sources that I was intimidated to click! So that’s cool! They are making a game of his own called Recipe Book, which I really enjoy, so go check it out!

That’s all I got! I wish everyone luck on the competition, and I hope everyone had a great time making their game! I hope you all have lovely days or nights!

20 Likes

Not my cup of tea, but I did play through it. It is a bit of a chiller with WG elements. The Yellow text on black background did well for the story’s atmosphere.

Overall, as a first entry I applaud you! Good job!

2 Likes

You know I couldn’t have done it without you! You taught me everything I need to know to start out in Twine! You were a GIANT help!

1 Like

When I open the link, I am sent into a html format, I can’t download the game

1 Like

Hmm… From what I can tell, most Twine files are done through HTML, which works through a designated browser. You can try to download the file from the link, and then opening it with Microsoft Edge. Every time I try to open it it automatically goes to Microsoft Edge, and it seems to work fine for me.

I’m sorry if this doesn’t help! I’m new to creating Twine games!

Unless you’re talking about the HTML file when you go to the link, then you can just press the download button, located here:

I hope this helps a little!

That was so good! Thank you so muck! <3

1 Like

I’m so glad you liked it! It took me a while to complete, so I’m glad you appreciate it!

If you don’t mind me asking, what ending did you get?

Altough very short, i did enjoy reading some of the choices and their consequences. Tried all the paths and i can say that if you are starting out, then i wish to see what more you can do in the future.

1 Like

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! It is one of those things where I could have gone all out with the weight gain and everything like it, but I wanted to make it a bit smaller for the audience on WeightGaming. And I hope to do more in the future! This was super fun to make, and I am really excited to do more things! Thank you for the kind comment!

You wont hear complaints from me if you make it bigger, specially envolving anthros wolves. Go all out.

1 Like

Ooooohhhhh~ I’ll have to make a different version one of these days then, where I go ALL out~

1 Like

well, actually I got all the endings xd

1 Like

Good! That means you played the game for more than five minutes! Ten at least!
There isn’t an overly large amount of content in this game, but I’m working on an update that will provide more content, with a few more endings as well!

1 Like

Really liked the game, hope you do more games or stories.

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it! I plan on expanding this one a little bit, add a few new paths, maybe extend some of the endings. Small things that won’t really change TOO much.
But yeah, I would love to make more Twine adventures! This one was super fun to make, and I would definitely like to do more, especially with more complex mechanics than a weight variable!

1 Like

It ain’t much, but it’s honest work
I’m already waiting for the next update!

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 10000 |

| Art: | 10 |

| Writing: | 325 |

| Concept/Design | 0 |

| Msc: | 125 |

| Total: | 10460 |

Comments:

Not to much to say here. A fairly standard branching text adventure with a fun little story.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 0 |

| Writing: | 256 |

| Concept/Design | 430 |

| Msc: | 20 |

| Total: | 10706 |

Comments:

I’m going to focus on writing because that�s my specialty and the focus of the game. I think the writing shows promise, but I wanted to point out areas you can improve prose wise. You use a lot of filter words. This is grammatically correct but tends to be frowned upon because they put barriers between the reader and the experience. You want to have the reader feel like they are the character. So, don’t have characters beginning to do something, just have them do it. Don’t describe how a character heard something, just describe the sound. Removing filter words can help you make your writing more succinct and engaging. On that same topic I noticed you used mostly long sentences with multiple clauses. That’s fine, but not every sentence should be like that. It’s exhausting to read. Mix in some shorter simple sentences with longer ones to keep the reader’s mind engaged and refreshed with new details to imagine. Some other smaller things where that you used a lot of the same words in close proximity. Like the word gut in every sentence three sentences in a row. The mind tends to latch onto repetition. If you find you’re using the same words a bunch you can try and use synonyms, or even better you can rephrase your text to not need to use that same word again and again. You also in a few cases changed up your tenses. You flipped between present and past tense in places, and I’d work to make sure you avoid doing that outside of major tonal differences. For example doing past tense for narration then switching to present tense for the adventure is fine. On a mechanical level, I regretfully gave a 0 in the “does the game use the theme” category. My guiding principle for that category is basically “if you remove the mechanic, is the game significantly affected?”. And in my judgement, removing the weight gain still leaves you with a branching narrative. Weight gain happens, but It largely is something that just happens to the player, and most of the choices are about things unrelated to weight. All that being said, your writing shows promise and just needs a bit more revision and polish.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 5 |

| Writing: | 240 |

| Concept/Design | 445 |

| Msc: | 30 |

| Total: | 10720 |

Comments:

I appreciate that this game had some internal mechanics despite being entirely text-based. The descriptions were fun (though I feel like the weights were a touch low given the extreme ways they’re portrayed in the descriptions). I did like that the outcome was based on basically a race between you and the wolf in terms of weight, but it isn’t really that clear to the player as they’re starting, and more could have certainly been done to play off of this fact. The theme I felt was used only in a technical sense and could have certainly benefited from having more focus be placed on it beyond just picking one of two events on a given page that may or may not make you or the wolf heavier.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 10 |

| Writing: | 265 |

| Concept/Design | 540 |

| Msc: | 90 |

| Total: | 20905 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 0 |

| Writing: | 340 |

| Concept/Design | 660 |

| Msc: | 90 |

| Total: | 11090 |

Comments:

A well written interactive, choose your own adventure. Getting to choose your own path through the story was fun and the written detail was superb. Overall, a fun idea that was well written!

Scores

Art: 25

Writing: 1426

Sound: 0

Design: 2075

Total: 53881