The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

I did it, by gods i did it

2 Likes

You did it, congratulations on doing it.

Now do the Dessert Guardian Battle.

2 Likes

Already on it

Also lol

4 Likes

You know, it would be really nice if you could check your stats between tower fights

2 Likes

It’s like checking your bank account. Your stats won’t be a problem if you don’t check them.

I’ll fix that next patch.

2 Likes

Spoilers for the endgame

how many weight loss potions does the adventurer have? Are they infinite? Is there even an ending for immobilising her?

2 Likes

The Adventurer is very well prepared (So infinite, theoretically). But even if you can immobilize her, all endings where you beat her are pretty much identical (mostly because with the way I programmed it, I knew there was very little chance of actually beating her in all 3 possible ways. Partly because I was running low on steam), and all count as the same ending.

2 Likes

Oh, well at least i know now

2 Likes

Found another one

2 Likes

Ok, one of those brackets may still be around. But as far as I can tell, they are the same bracket.

Have an update.

Lipomancers Ruins v1.1.zip (136.0 KB)

2 Likes

It feels as though there’s no “good” ending, either only treasure room of food or becoming the Lipomancer yourself.

Was this intended?

2 Likes

Well there is one “better than those two” ending from getting beaten by the Lipomancer (and the Adventurer) and the ending you get from beating the Cake Golem.

Honestly, the lack of “good” endings might be a bit of a creative holdover from an earlier Text game that I had been working on just before TLR that has a more pessimistic plot. Just a guess.

So I guess it wasn’t necessarily intentional in the sense that I wanted to make only bad endings, but I guess it developed how it developed so it is what it is.

2 Likes

That makes sense. If it was meant that way then so be it.

The only additional content I see is IF you decide on larger weights, which means the player can find something to enhance their mobility, and that may open new endings to write. But it’s up to you to decide to leave as is, or continue expanding the game.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m pretty satisfied with the game in its current state at the moment. In the future I may add a new feature or split endings to make room for new endings (and fix glitches, of course), but for now I think the game is pretty good and complete as it is.

That said, I am currently contemplating what to do for my next project, so we’ll see what comes out of that.

1 Like

Hey, if you’re looking for ideas, I have one that I think could work well with the game you’ve already made. It would need to be made in a different game engine though, probably. I was gonna try and do it in Gamemaker, but I’m lazy and don’t know the engine all too well.

2 Likes

Currently I’m trying to learn Godot, but the main issue I have is that I am sorely lacking in the art department for making assets. I have a few ideas for a game as well, but until I can get over that art barrier (among other things), I’m a bit stuck.

1 Like

I feel you mate, I’m not good at art either. I used a stick figure as a placeholder when learning movement.

3 Likes

got This when I used a potion after a fight

1 Like

Huh. There’s a missing period here, right after ‘breath’ and before ‘Which’.

EDIT: Also hi! Some of these endings are tricky. But thank you for making this!

2 Likes

I was away for like
?a day?
And you’ve already released version 1.1?
How??? Do??? You???
What?!

2 Likes