The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

Hey this is a great game! Been really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of Turris Puesco, which was one of my fav weight gain games. Super excited to see where this goes. If I had any critique to offer, it would be that it seems a little easy to avoid the majority of traps in the early stages. Personally, I quite like the feel of inevitable weight gain. It would be cool if there were temporary curses or such that made it impossible to say no to a couple of traps or something along those lines. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I mean I will say, there is some things like that. You can’t avoid falling in the hole if you’re heavier, if you’re fatter you HAVE to rest at camp, and either by being fat or eating a lot idk if they’re different, you can be unable to resist things like the burgers.

3 Likes

So this got me thinking: What can I do to make traps more unavoidable without making the game impossible? Well, make unavoidable traps that don’t cause problems that are way too detrimental would be the simple answer.

But that’s not what I thought of.

Instead, I got to thinking: What if I made a trap that was completely avoidable, but everyone would spring anyways because it was simply too good to pass up?

And so I tossed a deck of cards encounter into the game.

How is that a completely avoidable trap that everyone will spring anyway? Why not draw a card and see?

Anyways, without further a-doodle, here’s the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v1.3.1.zip (149.1 KB)

As always, a more comprehensive list of changes can be found in the menu. Hopefully I didn’t miss any bugs this time as well.

Good luck and happy drawing!

EDIT: Found a bug. Fixed a bug. Made a patch.

Looks like we’re returning to tradition, lol

EDIT: Yep, back to the old ways.

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

9 Likes

Was it the bug where sometimes you go to pig out on the spread on the table, and it just don’t give any options afterward?

2 Likes

Maybe, there were a lot of bugs, so I lost track of what they all were.

…If that is a bug that is currently not fixed, I’ll look into it in the morning

1 Like

Alright, third full update in three days. This time, it’s a bit of an Economy Update. And by that, I mean I did a bit of modification to the economy.

I also did some modifications to the Card Deck, and even added a bunch more cards!

So, without further a-something-that-ends-with-“do”, here is the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v1.4.zip (152.0 KB)

Good luck, and happy hunting!

5 Likes

Hey its back! aaand there are 34 endings. i only know like 14 or so. hoo boy

1 Like

so theres the lipomancer
the golem
royal pudding
za warudo
dungeon death and fat
apple death
apple fat 1 and 2
starvation
sacrifice
and that makes 16?

1 Like

Honestly, I kinda lost track of what unlocks each ending

1 Like

can i get the names of the endings im missing?
also do the pitfall catacombs ever actually lead somewhere or just deeper in?

With all of the endings we might want to start thinking about a potential walkthrough for anyone having trouble getting them all! Just an idea. :3

2 Likes

facts. or at the very least make a guide with hints as to how to unlock them all

3 Likes

At the moment, the pitfall just sends you in a random direction in the Ruins, though I may eventually make some encounters that you can come across under there. Or turn it into a maze, not sure yet.

As for an ending list, here’s a list of hints for most of the endings that I just thought up on the fly:

• Get really hungry
  • We’ve got food at home
  • RNG Combat is difficult
  • Eat (multiple endings)
  • Gambling addiction
  • Get really hungry but with magic
  • Apple (multiple endings)
  • Cheat
  • Applen’t
  • Oh look, money!
  • Eatn’t
  • Accept some hospitality
  • Become what you swore to destroy
  • Don’t take the job offer
  • Discover the art of getting sick of cake.
  • Punch a cake really hard
  • If you can’t beat em(p), eat em(p).
  • Receive a helbing hand
  • I forget what this is, but I think it has to do with the Tower.
  • Breakfast
  • Lunch
  • Dinner
  • Beat up an adventurer
  • Make a friend after getting totally creamed.
  • Be merciful and get a job offer.
  • Make a lot of money. Conditions apply. (Multiple Endings)
  • Actually win
  • ???
7 Likes

how much is a lot of money.

2 Likes

About 5 figures or so.

1 Like

Ok, minor glitch again. Here’s a patch

Lipomancers Ruins v1.4.1.2.zip (152.1 KB)

EDIT: More patch, cuz I still can’t seem to hunt bugs properly

EDIT: Ok, I’ve managed to shake all the bugs out.

6 Likes

welp. time for some card rng

3 Likes

Glad to see this project getting so much love recently; it deserves it. Loving the initial balancing after you’ve increased the difficulty a bit (finally feels like I’m truly in danger for a while in the beginning), and of course the new events are pretty cool as well.

8 Likes

i have to agree, i’ve been having more and more of a blast with each new update for this game! you’ve definitely made a little gem here

5 Likes

Love what you have here so far. Especially love the potion seller reference.

Any plans to add some clothing mechanic, on top of being a sexy thing to read about busting out them at certain thresholds, it would also add another cost to keeping your weight in check for those of us who like to just full RP these games. Otherwise it’s a bit too easy to just buy all the weight loss you need.

7 Likes