The Weighting Game - WIP

You could always add a [INSERT GENERIC FEASTING HOLIDAY HERE] day in the game at a later date. I would worry about general development for the time being.

Hehe, if we evil ones have our wicked way, every day will be a feasting holiday for Alice :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

look i played it
and it is awsome i never seen so much detail in a game before its like its real i want to thank you so much for this game

Earlier you said that you had a bunch of variables controlling what Alice does. Can you go into what some of them are? I find that stuff interesting.

Hey, I’m trying, but she’s not making it very easy on me, lol. Not sure how to properly reassure her, and get her on the path of being a true feedee.

I had the same problem as @loljuicepwn, with a text from Alice that refuses to disappear. I think I got the “anonymous” text, though they weren’t really an anon… (assuming I’m right about who it is, at least.)

I had a bit of a chuckle with Hannah’s character and the PC’s issues with her bad habits. I am perhaps in the minority where cigarette smoke doesn’t bother me, and I know a lot of guys who’d forget about it when faced with a woman like that. I also laughed when they said “You aren’t much a cook,” given I actually can, lol. Granted, it wouldn’t be steak all the time. That’d be WAY too expensive, and honesly a bit monotonous after a while.

Not sure if I’ve unlocked everything in the new update or not, but damn fine work either way.

If you keep cooking for Alice your cooking skill eventually improves.

1 Like

the game is very nice and I like the settings … but I didn’t understand how I make Alice fat because I arrived at the 32nd day and thought I had done something wrong…:persevere:

There is no visual weight gain in the game yet

Yep, that’s the ‘anonymous’ text. I’ll look into the non-vanishing text from Alice. I’m guessing it’s the final one of this demo?

As for turning her into a feedee, you can’t… yet. The code simply isn’t there at present.

edit forgot to mention that there is a method to my madness for the PC being so anti-smoking. All will be revealed at a later stage!

As for the cooking, as ever, it’s work in progress. At this point, it’s more of a test of how the cookery skill works than a cullinary masterclass :slight_smile: I’ll probably add more recipes at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the sake of right now, here’s a version of that duck event that should be fixed. I think there was also some mistakes with greater than signs, unless that was something I was fiddling with in the process.
[link redacted]

4 Likes

The duck event has already been fixed. As I’ve said, I’m not going to reupload the entire game just for that one small fix. Simply don’t select that optiion. It’s not completed yet anyway.

I really don’t appreciate being told what I should and shouldn’t do. Seeing as you’re rewriting my game for me, perhaps you’d like to take the thing over? Yes, there are bugs. I’m writing and testing the thing by myself in what spare time I have.

hey man im sorry i feel bad that people do that

I haven’t told you to how to code your game, just sharing a temporary fix so people don’t ask about the event again (hopefully). If you (non-sarcastically) would like help with bugfixing I can share what I’ve found in private. If not, then I won’t. You do you.

4 Likes

I just played the new demo and… I cannot be more hyped about this game. I’ll try to contribute to the Patreon page in January :grin:

(P.S. Those cinema scenes are becoming my personal favorite).

You are defeating your own agument. I have already said that a) this bug has been fixed (was a simple typo, which tends to happen when you’re working after midnight) and b ) I would not be uploading a new version to fix it, so why post that unless you want to push me into updating stuff ? I have also said that I would much rather hear about a bug multiple times than not at all. If people want to keep posting about the same glitch, that’s absolutely fine. At least then I know about it and can fix it.

Am I aware that the code is badly written? Of course. I’m an ex-programmer and I cringe when I look at some of it, especially the very first stuff, but I am learning both Ren’py and Daz studio at the same time whilst trying to write the game itself and juggle a full-time job and all the other stuff in life.

Are there what you consider bugs? Of course. As I have repeatedly stated, the vast percentage of the game is work in progress and a lot of the variables are either placeholders or simply don’t work properly yet.

I’ll do me. You do you. You have my (admittedly badly written) code. Feel free to produce your own version :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from The Weighting Game:

I love your game so far but will you add force feeding and bondage in game. How big are you going to make her I like to see her become Immobilized.

I have not said anything about the state of the code. That is your own opinion of yourself and partially unwarranted because renpy is not a very elegant engine.

Why do you think my posting is about you, personally, when there is a clear societal motive? IE; provide something that might hopefully make this site’s community enjoy the alpha slightly more while they wait for your next release.

I’m happy to apologise for not asking permission but please consider this thing in the context of this thread. I don’t put things out there in some hate plot. I didn’t post a translation for that game as a ‘demand’. I just saw it as something people could enjoy. It was not the malicious move you seem to think it is.

5 Likes

There are two ways of reading this:

I think you meant that “here’s the duck event and I think I’ve fixed it”, but it’s just as easily read as “here’s a working duck event that @tiggertoo should have fixed”. I can see how the second interpretation would wind the developer up. In any case it would have been best to ask first before posting a patch to someone else’s game - he’s right there on the forum after all!

It’s clear that @tiggertoo didn’t appreciate the patch, so rather than burning cycles arguing about it how about you let him get on with the development?

8 Likes

@tiggertoo If you put the game on Patreon will it still be free in the future or must I pay you something on Patreon to play the next version?

@wasp33… I’m not going to rush into a decision, but that will probably be the case, I’m afraid. I am very out of pocket on this game. All the outfits that the characters wear, all the props, all the scenes and backgrounds etc. cost money.

It was always my intention to try to absorb as much of that as possible and keep the game free, if I could, but if members of this community are going to modify my code without permission, post it publicly even though I have already made it clear that the issue has already been fixed and try to push me into wasting my time testing and releasing pointless updates, then I think it’s only fair that I should be compensated for this.

@ dingotush… thanks for trying to pour oil on troubled waters. I appreciate it :slight_smile: