The Weighting Game - WIP

I like the character updates you did on Patreon! Looks really good and I can’t wait to see the changes in the game!

6 Likes

There is a bug with the kidnapping event at the beginning of the game in the latest version. The check for paying off the $100k bet is flawed and doesn’t allow you to escape the kidnapping. Even when you his $0 on the debt you are stuck and the debt number goes progressively negative.

1 Like

I think you might be looking for Gain of Life, hope this helps

3 Likes

Yep, I messed up on the wrong title :frowning:

4 Likes

In the finished game? Definitely not. I’m currently restructuring huge parts of the code. Old saves will almost certainly crash, and if you continue from an old save point, you’ll also miss out on all the new content that’s been added from the outset.

@madone haha, yeah, wrong game. There’s no kidnapping in mine :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Thank goodness! Please keep it that way!

2 Likes

Okay. I guess I’ll abandon the scenario where Alice fakes her own kidnapping, hides out in a chocolate factory, eats most of the product and then comes back as her wrestler cousin.

36 Likes

So, just hides out in a chocolate factory then :joy:

Also, Alice looking amazing there… I’ve got my fingers crossed that this is a potential spoiler, and hopefully there will be even more…

6 Likes

Is there a legitimate gameplay reason to have Alice break up with you? Or does the game just kind of go into a standstill when that happens?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what your asking exactly but the break up event (non game over version) is intended. Pass about a week of in game time and the game will continue.

If your wondering if there’s any point to/if you can avoid it. The answer is yes you can skip the break up event but outside of some different dialogue and skipping the actual beak up part the game will continue as usual after(exactly whether you break up or not). So, outside of seeing the difference it’s not something to necessarily shoot for or expected of a new player. As most people will see the break up event. You can see my guide linked in the first post if you need some guidance as well.

3 Likes

Wow! Maybe she should do that! Is her knee bleeding? My kind of girl!

2 Likes

I think that’s a heart bent around her knee rather than a stain pattern.

2 Likes

That’s a relief! Don’t want my favourite girl getting injured!

1 Like

I know you can avoid breaking up, I meant does something really different happen if you do break up? Like do you get back with Alice a little later or does the game just kind of move on differently?

2 Likes

When breaking up you spend a week apart after which an event will happen when you go to work around a week later. After the event is over you are back with Alice and the game resumes as normal. If you don’t break up there is a difference in dialogue and scene, you skip the week apart and the path continues in the same way the break up path does once your back together.

You are not penalized for breaking up as it is what is basically the canonical path and what most players will see (especially first time players). However, tiggertoo added both a permanent game over break up and a non break up (path) to accompany the normal break up event. Which can occur (over the temporary break up) depending on how high or low the player has let Alice’s romance score go.

2 Likes

Oh I did not even know that was a stat. My first and so far, only playthrough, I did not break up with her whatsoever and I skipped the week apart. Thanks for clarifying thought, I would have never known without it

4 Likes

It’s not a spoiler. Just one of many MANY test renders of Alice that I have :slight_smile: If I post any spoilers on here, they’ll be blurred out.

@Bioshock_God the breakup is in as it’s (IMO) a legitimate response on the part of Alice. At that stage, she’s still pretty adverse to getting bigger.

There are quite a few background stats that are hidden to the player. I’m not a huge fan of loads of on-screen info in a game like this.

(And for those interested, yes, I’m STILL in two minds over removing the game over part of the breakup scenario)

@Condenser @namad is almost correct. It’s a knee pad, and Alice’s fat knee distorts the texture so much that it does look like a heart pattern.

6 Likes

Hopefully we can implement a doctor scene where the doc shames Alice for her poor health. Might cause her to reconsider only for us to bring her back to the feeding side.

4 Likes

One way I can see this playing out is, to have Alice visit the doctor sometime after she gets back together with the MC but before she decides to intentionally gain weight. The doctor disapproving of her weight uses visual aids to show her how big she could get if she doesn’t get her weight under control, This causes Alice to picture herself larger and finds herself getting turned on by it. This results in her deciding to talk to MC about intentionally gaining weight and the rest is history.

Alternatively, instead of Alice breaking up with the MC after introducing him to Janet, she instead has a doctor’s appointment. The doctor isn’t happy about her weight, which upsets Alice and leads to the conversation that causes the breakup.

5 Likes

Just an opinion on the breakup matter, I think it’s kind of a neat thing, because it was kind of interesting to navigate my first time through, and then by my second I realized I skipped over it entirely. I think it’s fun to have almost like a bonus skill check for being a boyfriend that keeps Alice happy. But I might also be in the minority there, so who knows really.

6 Likes