Update: as of now, I see myself having no time to continue updating this project. For that reason, I have released the twee code on itch.io. Anyone interested in it is welcomed to adapt the game to their liking and even develop the game further – If you do carry on the development, please make an independent post and I would be happy to hear and try my hand on it if anyone does carry on the development in the future, but that’s it for now.
I myself might work on a side twine project that is more role-playing based on the combat system I have developed in this game in the near future. Stay tuned!
This game represents my effort in making a deep and complex realistic (let’s call it magical realism) management game in our genre. The game is text-only and far from complete but already has a satisfactory game loop. This game is a repost from the gain jam section, and I will continue the development here. Also, I plan to make the twine code open-source so that enthusiastic players can also help develop the game.
Please let me know what you think! Also, please let me know if you find a bug!
In this game, you are the new headmaster of a prestigious all-female wizard college. The college is in huge debt, which needs to be paid within an 8-year period (96 rounds). To be successful, you need to
- Find a way to balance income and cost to sustain the college!
- Expand the horizons and waistlines of the students!
- Alter the thousand-year traditions to be profitable!
- Prevent the arrogant chief priestess from firing you (and even fight back)!
- Interact with the outside world and exotic cultures!
How will you save the College? There are six endings currently (2 bad, 3 good, 1 great).
Some ideas that I am thinking about implementing:
- A tourism mechanic
- More random events and traditions (Feel free to suggest!!!)
- A major theology update
- Other factions that compete over the standard of beauty (there are already hints of this in the current version)
What you can do to make the game better?
- Click on the like button and make suggestions!
- Please suggest events / traditions / plots / mechanics / systems / anything, and I will incorporate them when feasible
- Report bugs and typos
- Share what you like and dislike about the game
Here is the link: The Wizard College by BetaMarx (itch.io)
– minor bug fixes
– the source .twee code is released
v 0.5 (I believe that the game is much easier now because there are far more economic options)
– Combat system. Now, you can actually fight with dragons and other wizards! (more to come)
– A new place to visit: The Dueling Club
– More on the Corporation. Now, you have a lot more interactions with the corporation
– A new stat: happiness
– End of year event
– The debt is now paid on an annual basis
– 3 more events
– Bug fixes and balance adjustment
– 3 new events (now 15 in total, each with 2-3 major variations. I plan to increase the number of events to roughly 25 and with more variations, eventually)
– Theology update (there will be a lot more to come). Now, you can see and influence what the campus desires
– You can sell the restaurant to a corporation (more to come)
– Some bimbo content related to the IQ stat
– More advanced and customizable game start
– More detailed descriptions in the character files
– A student manual for your perusal
– UI update
– Balance updates and bug fixes
– The most significant update is the game’s coding infrastructure, which the players cannot see directly, but this will make future game developments much easier