Thicker Treat: A WG Dating Sim (v.0.4.5 with Sakura's new scenes now out for Patreons, 0.2.2 is public)

I have created an account just to post this.

This looks like an incredible start and could become an instant clasic and a must play from this website! Keep the work on mate, this is just * cheff kiss *

1 Like

Another thing you could do is just constrain the textbox’s total size. It’s not so much the gap you’ve left that’s upsetting, so much as the margin of an inch or two at the edge that you’ve removed.

If you right shifted the textbox and still left an inch or two space on the far right. That might solve the problem entirely.

You not only shifted the textbox to the left but shrank the size of the margin on the left so the first word of each new line is in the corner of my monitor.

None of the lines actually seem to fill the textbox, so having it be slightly smaller overall shouldn’t effect anything (that I can see right now.) So, uh yeah, if you swap the left shift for a right shift and retain a little bit of more of a margin on the right, I think it might be possible to play without moving my head. And like I said, if the goal of the textbox shift is to make the girls more visible, atm it’s not achieving that goal as it forces people to look away from them to read. But yeah.

edit1: I’m playing in 1440p, you’re likely testing in 1080p so that might explain why it’s so much “worse” of an issue for me as opposed to other testers. With center aligned text boxes changing my window size from 1080p to 1440p doesn’t move the text box, but with your game going from 1080p to 1440p does move the text box further left.

TLDR: If you test out the right shift (instead of left shift) that might help a ton. As well adding a tiny bit more margin back in, as I’ve said, I’m a fan of.

1 Like

Very good start iam ready for updates :smiley:

1 Like

@Condenser It’s not, but I don’t want those typos to pile up either. So, I appreciate the heads up.

@CreatureFeep Thanks for the detailed feedback (and advice)! So far, I am trying to keep things grounded and branches somewhat contained to avoid a nightmarishly tangled story. The starting point for that is, for example, keeping the neighborhood and work characters isolated from each other (at least in the beginning).

@fredchu267 Well: welcome to the forum! And thanks for the kind comment :metal:.

@namad That makes sense. I may have a way to test it in 1440p so I can keep the issue in check and avoid this happening to a number of people. I’ll make a public post on Patreon with a fixed version to tackle this and the typos in the next days or so.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s 1440p specific in terms of code/design or it’s just because 1440p monitors are bigger than 1080p monitors. I guess I’ve just been fortunate so far than ren’py games by default all look great in 1440p instead of 1080p even if the devs made them for 1080p.

Well, the first thing i want to say is that your game looks good, really good tbh i think that having 8+ love interests will put you in a heavy burnout in the long run, i believe between 4 or 5 will be enough imo.

While it certainly has the potential to do that (and I would caution eltipito to go at their own pace), having a number of love interests might also make the writing and developing more fun, as if you ever get bogged down on some of the stories you can flesh out some of the additional stories and work on them for a while.

I think the biggest thing going here is that a few of these characters can be done pretty separately (or cut out almost entirely if need be). Georgina, Sakura, and Gabrielle are all non-work related, so they should be pretty easy to develop for a while without having to interact much with the rest of the story/characters. And Delilah seems likely to be gone for a while as well, so she won’t need all that much development.

When you meet Dr.Silas if you hit spacebar or left click to advance the scene in the middle of the zoom animation her size is then rendered incorrectly the rest of the conversation (her head off the top of the screen for example.)

It’s also very likely for this to happen, I always advance after having read all the text, and during the zoom there’s not much text to read.

Not sure how to fix it, it’s an error that doesn’t properly preserve state through rollback’s.

Roll back for me is the only way to replicate her head being cut off. Not letting it resize back down from being zoomed in when bent over only has her higher and larger than she would normally be. For me she’s not cut off that way. Although, I have a 4k monitor (with the game being at 1080p of course) so your problem on a 1440p might be different.

Yeah, that’s true, rollback was used to get her head off the top of the screen, but if you do it the way I said it does end up with her being higher and larger than intended.

So it’s not totally broken if you just play normally, but it is partially broken. Then when you notice it’s partially broken and try to rollback to see what’s wrong it breaks further.

1 Like

I did some code edits to fix the zoom in bug and the screen layout. (I hope they solved both issues.)

You can find download links for the new version here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66074086

1 Like

During Georgina’s route in version 1.1 the cashier’s sprite is overlaid on Georgina when she drops off the food at the table. Since everything was mirrored around this just must be a case of not moving her to the opposite side of the screen (since she’s in the same position as 1.0). There is also a typo earlier in Georgina’s route.

Summary

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Definetely one of the games of this kind that I have enjoyed more. It’s vey promising and the characters are very pleasant to look at and varied unlike most DAZ based games.

Is this going to be one of those very slow paced/“realistic”/grindy games that takes 100 clicks just to get out of bed or a shorter choices focused experience?

Also do you have plans for the main characters? Is he going to be in some rendered scenes or is he going to be just an invisible vessel for the player? Will there be any customisation? Is he canonically male? Personally I’m fine with being an invisible dude, generic 3D modelled male protagonists just take me out of the story unless they’re litterally me.

In any case, best wishes for your game :grin:

1 Like

Seem to need a decription key for the Mega version but the other one works fine. Thank you!

can this game be played on a cellphone with the help of joiplay?

This uses the renpy engine so it should be compatible with joiplay.

1 Like

it looks amazing!!! keep the good work!!

2 Likes

@Horseless_Knight Thanks! That’s exactly what I was going for: I usually don’t enjoy DAZ-based games where you date 10 characters that look/act the same.

To answer your questions:

1. It’s going to be more focused on choices, though some daily repeat of activities (e.g. work) may be inevitable.

2. Yes. I have plans for the story archs of most of them, although I am open to taking suggestions (especially for one-off scenes). Right now I have tentatively opened the option to suggest and vote for scenes to some supporters in Patreon, and I will open the respective poll after the character-focus polls close.

3. Customization would be nice, but it will heavily delay rendering, so I had to throw that option out. I’m going with a first-person camera perspective because, yeah, that feels more immersive.

5 Likes

Very interested to see what comes of this! So far, liking Georgina, Wanda, and Gabriella! Idk why everyone voted Sakura, I couldn’t even find her in-demo lol. The college friend is a bit too awkward, genuinely uncomfortable interaction lmao, and the flirty chick is too flirty for her own likability lol. Everyone else I like, just not as much as my top 3.

1 Like

I think all some people need to hear is gamer girl and she immediately rockets to first place.

As for finding Sakura just approach the green building in the beginning without taking a detour.

5 Likes