Thicker Treat: A WG Dating Sim (v.0.4.5 with Sakura's new scenes now out for Patreons, 0.2.2 is public)

Churros from the cafeteria.

No, I mean, I don’t think the churros are coded as a favorite food? at least if they are the code is different than other favorites?

The are indicated by the text I think to be the favorite. It may not be coded yet. Or it could be coded differently since it’s from the cafeteria, but I don’t know if that is as likely.

at work, heading to my work space, WS event lu fires and fails.

ignore allows play to continue, not sure if further issues will occur

tried to paste error, but it was 500,000 characters long and wouldn’t fit

Won’t cause further issues, it’s just a line with italic formatting issues. I also ran into this and posted it on the Patreon comments, but it was after the 0.4.1 patch.

Loving the update! Haven’t checked in for awhile so that there’s alot more for me to get into,

With Georgina everything went pretty smoothly, that was my first playthrough,

This time I decided to play with a bit more characters, often I reach a certain weight which makes me think a scene needs to happen, but nothing triggers, so then I try to raise affection, I think reaching certain affection AND weight triggers stuff? I didn’t really have to pay attention to that with Georgina

I do save ALOT more as very often I can’t leave conversations without crashing, and often lost alot of progress because of it,

So now I save BEFORE doing anything and AFTER doing anything, because this happens alot,

I was also wondering of “mid-gain” scene’s count as a weight gain stage, for example, At the
beginning it stages that Lola has 2 WG Stages, and 2 Scene’s I assume the mid gain scene is 1 of them, but I’m not really sure if it counts as a WG stage, as I compared the models before that scene
and after that scene’s and I don’t notice any change at all, however, Lola is currently at 169lbs and
my affection with her is 100, I’m starting to think I’ve done all her content but I’m not really sure because
as far as it seems, I’ve had 1 stage and 2 scene’s,

I really love the potential of this game! Keep up the great work!

And does anyone have tips for Patrizia? I go by her office and bring her strawberry cake everyday, she even stated that she weighs 145lbs but I can’t go out with her, or had any WG change at all, am I missing something here? I have no idea how to date her

1 Like

tried the v2.2 public update and the wg seems kinda slow imo

The weight gain for the girls have been changed compared to 2.2. So It wouldn’t reflect how it is in the most recent version.

The slow weight gain can have some really big benefits. Right now the game is in rather early stages of development. Imagine what it will look like, when, in the future, the author will add more dialoges, options, events and interactions to do while doing your usual grinding. It has a really huge potential, but you gotta give it some more time.

3 Likes

Anyone who played through the Weighting Game from the beginning can understand. At the beginning there isn’t much to do to gain weight other than one or two locations, but as more and more content is added it makes it much easier to play through. You can already see that in this game with adding new locations like the pool and Grotten Spoils in different updates.

3 Likes

Do you use some sort of IDE/version control software or anything? Having so many files would get confusing in just a text editor? I’d imagine that’s why so many ren’py games just have a single script file?

Wow. There are a lot of posts here since the last release. I really have to do a better job of keeping an eye out on this thread.

@namad : As @Krodmandoon intuited, churros are supposed to be Lola’s favorite. I could’ve sworn I had added that to the code, but you’re right: it isn’t there. I’ve added it now and it should be up for this week’s mini-update. As for your other question: yes, I use an IDE. Frankly, it would be a nightmare to manage so many script files using something like the Windows notepad lol.

@JustChris I’m sorry about that. A tiny line of code in the earlier version of 0.4 was causing chaos when leaving conversations. It should be smoother in the debugged version. As for the other things that you mentioned: 1) developed characters have 2 stages meaning their original one and an additional one (sorry if the language was confusing :P), 2) so far, only weight, time of the day, and conversations about the characters storyline affect scene triggers. Affection will play a role later in the game.

1 Like

If it’s not top secret, which IDE? I’m new at this and I haven’t actually found anyone recommending an IDE for ren’py before, but using notepad+ or whatever I struggle to find things.

Sure: I use Atom, which is free and has been pretty neat so far in that it supports plug-ins, including one for Ren’Py. Sad thing, though, they discontinued support for it this year, so I’m on the hunt for a new one as well :confused:

Ah, that’s a shame about Atom, it seemed like a really solid open source IDE. Personally I’ve always used VSCode, which has plenty of plugin support of its own I would think probably not tooo difficult to jump to from Atom (they seem like a similar style of lightweight IDE).

1 Like

Yeah, can second VSCode. It’s what I use for work, so using it for Ren’Py felt obvious. (And there’s a plugin for Ren’Py as well, though I rarely rely on it.)

1 Like

are you working on a game?

AAH thank you! So their orginal stage counts thanks!

I played the debugged version and didn’t have a problem leaving conversations, keep up the work!

2 Likes

Dear every other VN dev out there still using a single script file. Upgrade from notepad+ to atom! Whoa this is nice :smiley:

1 Like

what is this notepad+ you are talking about, cool people use paint :stuck_out_tongue: