Watering The Plant Girl [v1.2]

Play as a scientist named Enora, who accidentally inflates a plant girl named Piya in this relaxed, romantically-tinged short game.

-FULLY VOICED!
-Both NSFW and “SFW” variants (choose in the options menu)
-Both Water Inflation and Blueberry Inflation variants (choose in the options menu)
-Tons of dialogue, with a story and everything
-A very relaxed, romantic tone
-VERY sloshy sound effects

I’ve been literally working on this for months, so I hope this is something you all enjoy. Give me any feedback you’d like, or any questions you might have for any reason. Thanks!

[v1.0 = Release]
[v1.1 = Bug fixes(Hopefully), switched controls around a bit for more control options]
[v1.2 = Fixed window sizing issues(the game should not be able to start with the border cut off, preventing moving the window), Increased water from the Pump minigame so it isn’t as slow]

44 Likes

This whole thing is so adorable~ Good work!

2 Likes

The game was very relaxed and fun! My question is there going to be a continuation of this story/game?

Very nice. The artwork is amazingly adorable and the character interactions are so lovely.

1 Like

There will eventually be a sequel to the game that will be significantly shorter! It’ll essentially just be the following night (morning?) when Enora gets home, where she ends up doing more “things” to Piya.

Glad you enjoyed it, btw!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed it and can’t wait for more. Keep up the good work ^^

1 Like

Splendid! The art was really cute.

1 Like

Thank you for all your compliments and support! It makes me really happy to that something I’ve created is being enjoyed like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that is without a shadow of a doubt, how you do cute and sexy! I am absolutely floored! - Having looked down at the comments, seeing that you intend to make something of a sequel has me unbelievably excited! - (Ngl would also be nice to see Piya get even just a little bigger than her present max, as something of a final payoff if you do grace us with the sequal lol)

There is only one ever so minor complaint with the interface, the buttons to talk to Piya (and hear her utterly amazing dialogue) are clickable buttons but the rest of the game, including the text boxes are keyboard only as far as I can tell. If you could allow the player to advance the text with a mouseclick it would syncronise even better with the dialogue option buttons :smiley:

I am now marching back to itch to hurl a few dollars at you :smiley:

2 Likes

Aww, you don’t have to do that!

And yeah, looking back on it, that’s the only thing that I know I definitely will keep in mind making other games. When I was writing the controls in the control readme.txt, I definitely felt like maybe the controls were a little too mishmashed. Thanks for the critique, though - it only shows you enjoyed it that much!

And yes, I will absolutely be making some sort of sequel. It probably won’t be my next game, but it’s definitely in the list.

1 Like

Personally I tend towards — Can this game be controlled exclusively with either keyboard or mouse? (or controller), then if yes, decide which to go for and map the controls in a way that makes sense and doesn’t conflict. It’s just a very small detail but it makes the game easy and intuative to play :smiley: (I must admit I didn’t actually read your instructions XD)

1 Like

It’s all good, I know it’s probably hard to miss amongst all the other files that are in that .zip! And I’ll definitely be sure to do so!

1 Like

This, by far, absolutely made my day to play this morning! Amazingly wonderful game and extremely cute! I absolutely adore plant ladies (especially when they get big and plump from extra watering :eyes:). The voice acting was superb and I love the ending! Piya’s character design is also unique and adorable! Can’t wait to see more and I will definitely be following you on Itch.io. I couldn’t agree more with Shatteraura. THIS is how you do a cute, sexy, romance story!

2 Likes

:sob: Thank you so much for the compliments! You and everyone else has no idea how much this is motivating me to make more games like this. I’m really itching to get more stuff out there for you all to enjoy, so definitely expect more soon!

3 Likes

sir, there seems to be a slight problem with dialogue selection in that I can’t everything else works fine except dialogue

Okay so…this game is Petty good it is easy, fast and the art work is great also the Voice work very well in fact if this is good start if you are thinking about making more games.

1 Like

The dialogue boxes are up and to the left of their on-screen appearance. You have to swipe around the screen for a bit.

I’m really not sure why that is happening. Maybe it’s the game mistaking window size, so it uses the smaller window size hotboxes?
Tomorrow I’ll just go through the game and make it so you can also use WASD/Arrows to select Dialogue, that way if mouse breaks you have an answer.

figured it out, it is bizarrely enough in the left middle section of the screen for some reason and not on the boxes
yay for touch screen laptops

I have to agree with the consensus here. Cute voices, cute characters, cute story, cute concept. I look forward to seeing what more you create.

2 Likes