Witch of Gluttony

got the bar nut quest. but I only have 50 gold

Just hack your save a little if you have money troubles.
Given that it’s still in development the balancing will get some tweaks, till then cheat.

2 Likes

I never ran into a money problem myself. Did you miss out on other quests or did you buy too many potions or something?

If the player can run out of money without being able to advance the story, that could be a problem. Softlocks are bad. Perhaps @BuiltToBlast could have a round about approach to obtaining them were this the case?

10/10 game so far, excitedly waiting for more.

1 Like

Well well… what have we here…? :eyes:

I got a ring of wisdom thinking it could be usefull for the said witch. Who ended up being unable to equip it. and the ring is a lot of money.

welp beat the update. took two tried with the game froze in the middle of the boss fight

Yeah I noticed that too, a capacity to buy things without a ready means of making money… I guess chalk it up as a cautionary tale as to budgeting when trying to accrue travelling money? ^^;

In all seriousness though, newer players will fall into the trap of buying gear unnecessarily, so maybe tweak the writing to remind the player that a) They have no easy means for income and b) Money should be saved for their travelling budget?

One of the problems of having a non-conventional RPG is breaking that rote behaviour.

1 Like

or just go with a x amount of reward is used for buying while the rest is saved.

Noss tells you to Save Money for supplies. (Several times too)

Put an event in for the next update that will help if you still don’t listen and spend everything.

(Just be ready for Noss to never forget about it)

4 Likes

Noss just punches Bella if you try to buy something that would soft lock you a little bit.

2 Likes

ok so i’m at the last batch of rats before getting cat treats, and bella only has 17 mana and 16 HP. i managed to find a revive after going back after dying a few times, so the HP is fine i guess, though i think it’s a bit lame that i’m sort of forced into using such a useful item so early on into the game, but i haven’t been able to find a single MP increasing item. i tried interacting with all the beds in the inn, i tried talking with shopkeepers even though i have no money yet, and while writing this i went into the church and thought i finally found a place to heal and replenish my mana, before getting kicked out and not being able to get back in. is there really no way to replenish my current stats at this point in the game? because after looking for a while, i feel like i’m completely softlocked. i tried using addiction once or twice to try and see what it did to see if it’d be useful, and i guess that’s what ended up killing my mana, but i feel like i should be allowed to experiment with a move without softlocking? i was enjoying the characters a bit, but i don’t see how to progress without a way of increasing mana, since i need to use at least 25 mana to grow all of the rats.

talk to the inn keeper you get to sleep. at least thats what I expect I never had to leave the battles so I don’t know if you can’t leave

Did you remember to go to the slime house? Some very neccessary exp and abilities there

You can leave the basement and come back. Just head to the inn to heal.

Check the Jewelery shop for something to help with the rats.

ahhhh, my issue was that i only talked to the innkeeper once. didn’t realize their dialogue changed the second time. thanks!

Also those water scrolls were incredibly useful as a panic button for when I accidentally triggered my last batch of five rats at low HP.

This is amazing so far. Well done.

1 Like

Pretty impressed with this, wish there was a bit more in terms of gaining scenes but I can’t complain since the game’s still in an early state and quite impressive for where it is regardless. Was a bit confused as to how to progress at times (mainly finding the last cat treat) but aside from that, not really many issues aside from the fights with the rats feeling a bit overly dragged out. I actually quite enjoyed the writing and the characters’ interactions with each other, feels like it’s really got more personality than I’ve come to expect with games like this so it was pretty enjoyable.

Absolutely seconding this, it was a nice surprise seeing characters you’ve interacted with showing up to help, really added a bit of a sense of closure to the “chapter”.

Personal favorite bit was Rose because I’m weak to blobs, particularly pink-haired ones. I almost wish there was more to do with her! Either way, certainly hoping for more content of that size in the future.

Good luck with development!

2 Likes

The next update is going to be a bit smaller. It’ll be Bella and Noss finishing up in town, getting their supplies for the trip ready and checking in on some certain NPCs after the Ethereal attack.

There will be a new boss battle too. With a bad end to boot!

7 Likes