Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

I’ve checked the code but can’t find a reason for this to happen. Unless someone else can replicate the issue, I’m afraid it must be a problem on your end.

Well, unfortunately, from where I’m standing, I can’t get the burger joint ending (Got all the other ones though). The Taxi cab ending always cuts me off sadly…

1 Like

I’ll get this fixed for the next version. Thanks for letting me know & thanks for playing :slight_smile:

I think having a code for halloween mode would be nice after the month is over. also more places to eat at.
like a pizza place ice cream shop. a restaurant. a bakeary ( cake.pies. cookies) stuff like that. maybe renting a car over taking taxi.

1 Like

I was at 5% popularity when I tried to get a costume from Matt, but he just colored me orange and sent me on my way. I wasn’t given the option of refusing. Not sure what happened.

Edit: Figured out my problem. My PC’s weight was too high when I went costume hunting.

2 Likes

This is my mistake. I wanted the Halloween paths to be a bit more detailed, but was time-limited and in a rush to get the update out. Expect it to be much more in-depth next year :slight_smile:

These may be options in the future!

Howdy, gainers.

I’ve made a poll to gauge interest for actual sexual content in the game. This was requested previously and I’m starting to warm up to the idea.

Poll ended

Cheers!

3 Likes

For me, I’d definitely be interested in sexual content, but only if there is a female with female option, due to my interest’s revolving exclusively around female weight gain, and dating women. (I’m a heterosexual man 🤷🏼)

3 Likes

Results of the poll.

“Should the game feature sexual content?”

Yes (Sometimes) - 57.35%
Yes (Very common) - 16.18%
Yes (Very rarely) - 16.18%
No. - 10.29%

So what I’m taking from this is:

• 89.71% of those who voted would be interested in sexual content appearing in the game.
  • There are players who don’t want to see that kind of content.

With this in mind, expect the addition of optional and heavily telegraphed sexual content.

9 Likes

After the Halloween event, I am left to wonder just what might actually come this month, considering Thanksgiving is THE gluttony holiday.

I can’t promise anything since work & uni schedules, but there’s definitely a seasonal event planned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, whatever you make, I’m sure it will be worth the weight… I mean wait.

4 Likes

Howdy gainers.

Due to heavy outside-of-gamedev workload this month, this month’s update is being split into two “mini-updates”.

In the first mini-update (Arriving before Monday), new content will include:

• Overhauled “Blog” system.
  • Sofi (Hotel masseuse) content, dialogue, and scenes.
  • The first ever truly nsfw content in the game: Sofi’s “specials”.

A second mini-update with Thanksgiving content will drop around the end of the month (26th-28th).

Cheers :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Howdy, gainers.

I’m going to be super busy this month outside of game-dev, so I wanted to drop this update early for you all to enjoy. A second “mini-update” should occur towards the end of month.

In this mini-update :

• New location (The hotel spa, accessed by the “stay here” option in your hotel room)
  • New NPC (Sofi, the masseuse. She’s a huge panther lady.)
  • NSFW Sofi content, for players with high popularity who’ve had more than 2 massages.
  • Part 1 of a blog rework, where you can see how much progress you have by writing posts about things you’ve found.
    • Private investigator gains progress by discovering shady things in the town and reporting on it.
    • Food reviewer gains progress by eating food, then blogging about it.
    • Tourist gains progress by visiting new places, then writing about them.
    • You can write about the town in general to increase or decrease your popularity quickly.
    • You can write about NPCs you’ve met, compliment them, or insult them.
  • Added some UI tweaks to make the back, history, q.save, etc, buttons more visible.
  • The taxi bad-end is now optional-- It was causing too many soft-locks, so you can now choose to avoid it.

That’s it for now. Enjoy, and thank you for playing!

6 Likes

I already like the sounds of this. Any special dialogue with avoiding the taxi bad end to indicate PC weight? Something like:

“The cab made its way down the street, making some very unhealthy grinding noises, and noticeably slowing while climbing each hill. When you arrived at the hotel, the cabbie had to help you out with a great deal of effort. He made you pay for the ride, and extra for both the fuel and a back massage. Rubbing his back, he slowly got back in the cab, and as he made his way down the street, you’re pretty sure you can see it listing to the side you were just sitting on. Embarrassed, you turned your overgrown frame like an ocean liner in a storm, and slowly waddled inside…”

1 Like

The current workaround is the cabbie asking you not to throw your weight around, since the cab is making unhealthy noises when you do. You can either do so or ignore him, getting the bad-end.

1 Like

I found a bug when choosing to say the food is good in the blog.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate? What happened, was there an error message, etc?

sorry, tried to figure out how to insert the pic of the error.
I came back from the park and picked the option to stay in the room. I then picked the option, work on the blog, picking food to work on first. i read through the information and was given two options: good or bad/terrible. i picked good and it gave me a loading error, saying that the ‘BlogTouristBurgerjoint’ is undefined.

Cheers for bringing those bugs to my attention. Fixes are being uploaded now :slight_smile: