Base Sprite Files

Due to the fact that flash is more or less ending in a few months, having less time in general, and some frustration with programming, I’ve decided that I’m probably not going to have the motivation to finish my temple game thing any time soon. I probably won’t finish it at all if I have to start over with a different game making engine. Blame scope creep. So I’m just going to put these sprites out here for anyone to use as a base if they’d like. All I ask is you credit me for it.

Link to download

EDIT: Although I’ve included the pngs for most of the frames, the more useful files are the .xcf files, which you can open with gimp (gimp 2.8 is what I made all these in). Gimp is free, so no worries about having to buy anything. The animations can also be directly viewed in gimp by going to filters>animation>playback. The default frame length is 100ms, and if you see anything in parentheses that’s an adjusted frame length.

DOUBLE EDIT: I’ve now condensed everything but the random idle for weight 30 into 7 spritesheets so you can now edit them in a more traditional format.

Spritesheet Download

10 Likes

Uh, I just got word that Flash is going to end at the end of this year.

I made a quick interactive demo using your sprites. I included the source file if anyone wants to play with it.

fat_sprite_animated.zip (4.8 MB)

Ooh, this is a lovely little application! Makes me realize how much I needed to clean up with those original sprite though.

I thought they looked really good.

The only thing I noticed was the idle sprites look like they might be a pixel higher than the running/slide sprites

Updated the main post with actual spritesheets instead of a bunch of random files.

1 Like

DestinyFinished

Here’s the end result of my tinkering with these sprites! The character is mine, her name is Destiny, and she’s an Alolan Vulpix.

6 Likes