Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

i found some bugs on the latest version, on chapter 3 i am unable to progress cause Tora is still talking with Ginny like it is chapter 2 and Remi is too

I thought we fixed that bug! There was one a few versions ago of getting teleported back to Chapter 2 despite it being Chapter 3 - I’ll take a look and see what the issue is.

i think it was because i entered granny house before talking with Remi on chapter 2, i returned to chapter 3 by entering and leaving the church for some reason, but another pretty sad bug i ran into was not being able to return to the city on chapter 5 it doesn’t stop me from advancing to chapter 6 but it doesn’t allow me to check on the bunny girls and the rich girl

1 Like

Dowloaded the 8.2.5 Version on Patreon. If you hold W during talking with the hero on the mountain for chapter 1 it froze for me at the clown. Also in the basement if you have followers in your party, the Remi event in chapter 2 will freeze the game after “Aw Granny”. I had a save file with just me and with 2-3 followers. The one without a follower worked.

1 Like

duly noted - thank you for letting me know! I’m not sure why that happens with the Night Clown, but I’ve already worked the fairy fight fix into a new patch thanks to Acoyan letting me know they were still having trouble with it.

2 Likes

if you freeze while fast forwarding it is not a bug in the game it is a bug in the engine. rpgmaker cannot accept fast forwarding at all, it’s a flaw in the engine, and one that is hilariously easy to fix:

all credit to this guy who posted the solution:

First go into the games “www” folder and from there open the “js” folder. Once there open the file “rpg_core” in Notepad or some other text editor. Once open, you need to find the line:if (this._skipCount === 0)
You can use ctrl+f to quickly find it. Once you have found it you need to replace it with this line:
if (this._skipCount < 0)

I found this fixes the visuals freezing. Make sure to save your changes before exiting. Also you will need to do this again once the new update comes out.

I’ve used this in virtually every game i’ve played in the past year to great success.

3 Likes

Hi!

I’ve just finished the current public demo and it’s amazing!

Do you intend on posting another version to the public?

1 Like

Indeed, when the game is fully finished, do you plan on selling the final build on itch.io? Either way keep on keeping on, if patreon didn’t hate me I’d still be subscribed to you.

I’m playing the demo and the game hung up on the scene right after beating the fairies at Remi’s grandma’s house. Stuck standing in front of granny while Remi eats a pie forever.

I complete all the task in the second chapter except the delivery one the fortune girl don´t accept the last object

I do plan on selling it on itch.io - I know that Patreon is a little fickle sometimes, so I appreciate your support!

I’m glad that you’ve enjoyed it! There will be one more demo after what’s already out. Sort of the demo to the finalized version. Me and a couple of other people on my Discord channel have been working our cute little butts off to squash bugs - we’ve nailed over a hundred so far!

Once it’s up to snuff, the demo will receive an update to go with the finalized version of the game.

I think the demo is outdated - it’s kind of hard to remember at this point lol.

I know that we’ve fixed it in the full version. I’ll see what I can do about getting an updated demo out soon! Sorry about that!

Did you try to give it to Ashani, or Lady Dienro? A lot of people get those two mixed up!

Hi!

I wanted to know where you found all the sprites you are using in the game.

Thanks!

Most of them are templates made by Kitsune the guy who translated a few of the Japanese games posted here. I think some of them may use a couple of my templates too, but it’s hard to tell with the small sprites.

3 Likes

Grimimic is right! I lurk around the SRB discord channel and snatch up Sprite donations like a little goblin whenever I think that they’ll work well for what I’m doing here. Most of my “fat” sprites came from there.

There are a few other things like hairstyles and the marketplace sprites that I’ve poached from other people. I just haven’t drawn up the credits for the game yet.

As for all of the other sprites, they’re made in-engine.

1 Like

Hey kids - I know that I called the last update the Penultimate Update.

That’s because I’m stupid and I’m going to Hell, where God can punish me for my hubris .

But with my commission slate being what it is, as well as some other matters that have cropped up over the course of this month, this update is just going to have to be what it is. Over the course of the last few patches late last month and early this month, my debug team have worked hard on fixing well over one hundred bugs - and I squashed like twenty more before I posted this.

Included in this update is a copy of the transcript communicating these issues. There are still a few more that need to be tackled, obviously, but we’re getting there. Slowly but surely, we’re getting there.

This one leaves you at the exact same place as the last one did. You still can’t fight Calahree, because I haven’t finished the epilogue yet. It’s mapped, and some of it is even scripted, but I just haven’t had the time to actually finish the epilogue.

However, this update does allow you back into the Dev Room and the Fight Club to train.

I know it’s frustrating, and I’m very sorry. I swear, I’m working my cute little butt off on all kinds of projects these days. This will be finished soon. I swear.

As for my Demo kids, this version has all of the same patches, fixes, and the like as the current version. No more out of date demo! Yaaaaay!

For those curious for a write-up on what exactly we’ve patched here, I’m including that Bug Report on the Changelog

6 Likes

Hi again!

Two more questions:

Where can I find the templates from Kitsune?

What is the SRB discord and where can I find it?

Thanks for answering all my questions!

I found the templates on the SRB discord - but I honestly can’t remember how I happened upon the channel. As it’s not my discord channel, I’m not sure if I can invite people or if they’d feel comfortable with me handing out that link - especially considering I’m a filthy lurker.