Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

the hoodie is lighter because it has faded with washing​:joy::joy:

Speaking of wash, are we going to get into tropes and have clothing shrink in the wash?

4 Likes

Really love the game! keep up the good work :grinning:

Once the next update is released, I’m 100% taking that day off work

1 Like

I had asked a question but apparently it bothered so sorry.
I still wanted to say thank you for your work and it’s great these moments when we can escape.
thanks to that.

2 Likes

Asking for an update on a game is against the forum rules.

Also welcome @kebab_magic don’t let it deter you from posting it’s always great supporting and giving feedback to the devs. :+1:

6 Likes

Tron, does the Morgan route start before the demo ends in the full game? Or are you leaving it a suprise

1 Like

I too am most interested in the Morgan route :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Yeah same would love to see how she plays out in the weeks to come.

Yay, I remembered my password! I was wondering why I hadn’t gotten notifications for a while, turns out I wasn’t logged in :sweat_smile: Between work and keeping the baby alive, here’s another quick update! Remember when I used to do these things more often :weary:?

So long as the boss isn’t busy and there aren’t project deadlines, I can at least make progress. I showed you some peeks at Rea’s route, here’s one from Hannah’s:

As well as one from an all-routes scene:

Both are still very WIP and will be adjusted before release; this is what “first draft” looks like. I tend to type too much at first, so I’ll try to cut these lines down once I start polishing these for release.

After losing the 10 scenes that would’ve been the original post-demo update, I wrote a few others that have since been written over again into what you see here. I’ve said before that while I always approach scenes with a plan, the characters end up speaking for themselves and I have to improv over their feelings.

An example of this is in Hannah’s screenshot. I’d always planned for her to be strongly against Caketime, but the reality wasn’t so simple when it came time to actually address it. Shoot, I hadn’t even planned for Alex to really dig into that with her so soon, but at this point in the story Alex is starting to feel the social squeeze and she just ended up confessing. This is a time of transition for Alex, and she’s starting to understand just what confronting her anxieties over gaining looks like. It was never going to be quick or easy, and it’s only a matter of time before Alex sees her family again.

Whew, quick little update to show some quick little content! I’ve really got the get the Aria update out too, plenty’s been happening but I’ve wanted so badly for the next update to be the demo release. That hasn’t happened, so I’ll prep a showing of everything that’s been going on behind the scenes. It’s a lot :grin:!

@Awildrando Thanks! That shot in the cafe comes from Rea’s route, but intertwines with Morgan’s story. Their story’s going to really start cooking, if my original story plan holds up.

@Master_Mirror Hi! The project nearly did die! Life turned up the heat and I got burned out (again) after releasing this demo and trying to rewrite the introductory scenes. Aria’s acted as a palate cleanser, and it’s been nice to jump between the two.

For updates, I plan to release Forks’s (and Aria’s) incrementally so long as there’s a decent amount of new content. I wish I could just plop down a 100% finished Forks (and maybe I have in a world where Covid didn’t happen :confounded:), but the simple truth is that I haven’t been able to take the time to give Forks the attention it needs until recently. Some of the 10 scenes I’d written for Fork’s planned February update were hacky, and it’s for the best I lost them.

For the second question, I plan to keep updates on Itch, and release the full game on Steam (or, at the rate I’m going, whatever’s replaced Steam in 2035). I’m thinking maybe for $15, depends on how long the final game is. Grace and Alex definitely go far together!

@SlothBear Thanks! One of the best things about creating is getting to show it off, so I’m glad you’re enjoying it! Hopefully I can let you play it someday too :laughing:

@tharsus I was really surprised how well that expression came out. Toro doesn’t usually go that far, so I’ll be curious to see his own take on it!

@FallenKing107 Thanks! I can’t believe I’ve let it go this far without more to show, but here’s hoping for the next 1000 :partying_face:

@Ark_Raptor I honestly haven’t thought about that, right now Alex is gaining so fast I didn’t need anymore reason for her clothes to shrink! However, she’ll be outgrowing her current wardrobe soon.

@fantaslurpee Thanks, I’m glad you liked it!

@debuwu Whew, I hope it’s a good day :grinning:! I’m going to try my best to make it worthwhile, but with three routes to write for you’ll only be getting about a third of the expected content if you’ve got a favorite girl. I’m hoping to make updates save-compatible so you can pick right back up from your last one, so taking a nice evening may be better instead of a whole day, and then you’ve still got that holiday!

I know I’ll be taking a day off for Warhammer 3; my kid’s going to sleep for 18 hours straight and like it :stuck_out_tongue:

@kebab_magic You’re welcome! I’m really glad I could help give you some relief amidst the world’s chaos. If I can genuinely help someone, anyone with Alex and co.'s silly antics and drama, then it’ll have all been worth it. Seriously, I wanted to be a doctor, so me helping anyone is :metal:

Hope you’re doing well, and feel free to pop in anytime!

Ark_Raptor, hey again, this time I’m only 8 days behind! Morgan doesn’t have her own “route” in the same way Hannah, Rea, and Grace do (as Morgan is a little further in life than Alex), but her story and inevitable growth are already underway in the demo. No guarantees, but I think Morgan’s Stage 2 will be in the next demo update.

@smugdotexe Neat, you posted right as I was typing all this! I’m really glad to see so many people interested in Morgan. She’s the most “adult” character, and was a big reason why everyone in Aria is older. Big difference between Alex at 19 and Morgan at 25!

Edit: Grace’s route is mostly broken at the moment, so I got a laugh out of this:

Grace’s route, everybody!

27 Likes

Had to cut these from the first message as I can only quote 10 people per post:

@maldy Hey there, from almost a month in the future :wave:. Your speculation was really fun to read, and shows how ambiguous these few screenshots can be! Keep those predictions in mind for when you see the scenes in their entirety, I think you’ll get a pleasant chuckle out of it.

@Testin10 You’re welcome! Progress is indeed happening, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed what I was able to do when my own life wasn’t so busy :sweat_smile:
As for the hoodie, it’s the same one but the lighting and shading may’ve ended up brightening it a bit. Thankfully she doesn’t wear it for too much longer!

Whew, I think that’s everyone! Goodnight!

9 Likes

Yay another month another post from you is always a nice welcome and since you liked my images speculation…
Image 1: Metal gear alert sound seems like Hannah has finally caught on to Alex actual diet plans, should be interesting or a typical response but i do think hannah will certainly ask for an explanation.

Image 2: Alex is might be making a bad choice telling her mom but on the other hand she might eventually catch on so hopefully the best outcome from this is her mom doesn’t understand at all and is confused more likely she’s going to be ‘what the heck are you talking about, you need to go on a diet young lady!’

Image 3: Grace.exe has stopped working due to Alex somehow managing to weigh more than her now!

Sorry to hear about you losing some scenes and do remember to back-up regularly for this exact reason!

Oh neat an update. Always great to see those come along. Liking how the Wip are coming out and the grace pic is a bit funny.

First they’ll break the background
Then the computer.

And while it ain’t confirmed I can’t wait to see more of Morgan story+size 2 in any version of the demo. So I can put my speculations on what type of gainer she is(I guess all-rounder is the most likely) Unless that’s been dropped somewhere, because if that’s the case man I’m blind.

This hound agrees, we tend to picture characters as actors when really they are people whose shoes we step into
Stay safe and stay healthy my friend

Updates are always great! I’m happy to see more of hannah’s route, it’s my favorite. Rea’s and Grace’s route’s I feel I have a sense of where they are/could be going (especially grace’s), but there are so many different ways to take Hannah’s route I’m excited to see what ends up happening!

All this exciting Forks news, and my brain immediately asks, “What army are you playing first?”

Always exciting to see a progress update.

3 Likes

Maybe CA delayed WH3 because they are waiting for the Forks update to drop :thinking:

9 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answer. Steam and 15$ sounds awesome! Just take my money! Good luck in further development

1 Like

When you mean the social squeeze to confess to Hannah, do you mean confessing that’s she trying to get bigger, that she like bigger girls, or asking Hannah (or a mix)?

Can’t wait to see Alex change her wardrobe, especially her white t-shirt.

I’m looking foward to Total War: WarHammer 3 as well. I’m interested to see more of the East.

And lastly I love that Grace’s route is accidentally meta.

4 Likes

Much like the Ogre Kingdoms, Grace is definitely the route I plan to tackle first.

1 Like