Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

General question: how hard (from a purely code standpoint) is it to just… add more stages to the end of it?

Either adding more graphics to it or adding more big numbers.

shame I would have loved to see florian design but its your time do what you want with it.

If I had to guess spriting and sheeting larger sizes would be the most time consuming aspect of it, though that’s just from my experience, im not sure how bad it is to code for starbound

I agree with Projg. From my own work with the code, the difficulty in adding new races/clothes/stages of fatness is in creating the art assets themselves. It’s not to say some of the coding stuff wouldn’t be a little tedious, but once you know what to do there, it’s a fairly straightforward process.

I really like this! would be cool to see in-game. Though it would require a ton of work.

I have released the experimental blob textures here:

4 Likes

Large sizes have always been in this. Personally I feel like it could use some smaller sizes, though I suppose that’s what the Granular addon is for.

that was a miss type I had ment to say Larger sizes

Hai! I’d like to ask for permission to modify some of the sprites in this mod to use in an addon for the Starbound Simple Vore Mod. I’ll give credit, of course :3

Y’know, this mod already has vore, in case you didn’t knew. You can activate it with the small red cube on the bottom right corner of the mod settings.

Well I know that, it’s just that bigfatties as it is doesn’t have support for NPC-on-player vore. That’s why I’m asking permission.

I mean, I’m pretty sure you know this, but dispatch (or someone, I can’t remember lol.) went over this, well, kinda. I don’t know about the permission thing, you’ll have to wait for that, but dispatch was talking about how there was problems with this, kinda like you just enter the outpost and npcs just stop eating you, it’d be, well, kinda unplayable without something else, and there’s still the problem with random chance vore, cause like, your just buying stuff, and then boom, they just ate you.

I’ve never been crazy about vore, but if you get permission, and you can somehow make it work, that would pretty cool. Finally, I hope that you or anyone else reading this has a great day! ;D

That’s not really how I described it. It’s a matter of potential enemy npcs. The ones that will just engage you without a second thought, modifying friendly npcs to be hostile is a whole other thing. Though the point of just endlessly being eaten and trying to get out only to be immediately shoved back in would be incredibly annoying yes. While any attempt to limit that would then just cause the enemy npc to just stare blankly at a character doing nothing. I understand why people would want it, but as it is right now, what little fun you could get out of it at the start would quickly become annoying and tiring for even the most avid of vore lovers. Not to mention intrusive for others who don’t want it.

2 Likes

What exactly do you need to modify it for?

Well, damn, now I got an idea on how to do this, though it’s a little cheesy, so heads up there, heh.

So basically, here me out, virus outbreak, and certain npc’s will have the virus, the virus basically being that they vore you on sight. And of course, there is many problems with that, I know, but here’s some other things for this idea, to kinda help cushion the idea, I guess. First off, safe zones. Basically, areas like the outpost, missions, stuff like that, npc’s with this virus will not spawn in those, only on generated worlds. secondly, not everyone will have the virus, and of course you think, "But THE_DIALOUGE, how do you know which npc’s they are? and my answer to that, is little changes, like maybe instead of the black dot eyes on humans, they would have easy to notice pink eyes, allowing you to know which is which, and fight them off, or maybe they could have some aura around them, or walk really slowly until they notice you, like a zombie, changes like this, in general. thirdly, every second you are vored, as in, inside them, you would take 15% (or however much you want) of your max HP in damage, and to escape, maybe the classic “mash the move buttons till they let go” from old videogames would work. four, in order to combat them just instantly eating you again, whenever you leave, make it to where they are stunned, for maybe about a second or two, so you can run away or kill them.

Now, we all know that there is something I said that’s wrong, or won’t work, I know, there’s always something that us non coders miss, and maybe you don’t like the idea of a virus, that’s cool too, I’m really just shooting in the water and hope I get a fish here, so I’m ok if none of this works, but this is an attempt to try and give a rough idea of what I think would work, ignoring the fact that I’m likely wrong, heh. I don’t know how it feels to have one of the biggest pages here, if not the biggest, and I don’t know if it’s annoying or not to have to keep on checking this thing, but I want to add in that I think it’s cool how people are still adding to this mod, trying to make it even better!

2 Likes

Virus stuff that sounds like you’re talking about some other fat related content aside. This doesn’t really change anything about how the vore works in the mod being incredibly unfun if given to npcs.

1 Like

this is just my opinion but it could be a very cool story mode for the mod.
also uh i bet cooldowns could stop spam like if a NPC ever eats another NPC they have 10 seconds until they can vore agian and the same happens in pvp combat, but with players. and to avoid spam the NPC spits out the player / NPC they will have 20 seconds cooldown.
this is just a idea i cant really mod lol.

Again, as I said before. A form of cooldown would just result in the enemy npcs just starring blankly at players. Not attacking because their form of attack is the vore with how their simple ai works.

2 Likes

fair enough… lets not use enemy npcs and try other kinds of npcs

Well, I tried, lol.

I still want to wish you good luck in the future, to whomever reads this! ;D