Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

I’m not sure if someone is interested in making a Skuntank race for Starbound, but that would be cool to do.

1 Like

Hey, uh, didn’t the outpost Floran and Hylotl have bigger boobs before? They seem to be back to default.

If the rapid uptick in people modding has shown anything, it’s that there’s no lack of enthusiasm (or ability) in terms of people outside the core modders converting more races, sprite wise. Most of them don’t interest me but I think animations for say, goo fats would be fun and very entertaining if done well.
Things are a little harder on the boring mechanical side of things, though not having to manually switch between clothing sets via weight scales is something I’m happy for. I hope that those with the time/skills to direct in the harder task of making changes in weight more seamless and ‘natural’ in feel continue to do so and aren’t distracted by person x’s request for species y.

Would y’all also be interested in starting a thread dedicated to species discussion and modding? You could run some polls to see what folks are interested in and help each other with that more easily. And maybe then, Starbound as a whole can have its own subforum to drive discussion & prevent people getting confused between mod projects.

I think the next things on my (idealistic) wish-list would be;

• A glutton-esque badge with stuffing sprites independent of weight (linked to consequences for overstuffing?)
  • A little more granularity in sizes and body shape (I feel like it lacks a ‘starter belly’ stage, visually and could use more intermediates to make it feel less like large steps and more like a curve)
  • Modularity or some system to help regulate the intersection between the ‘vanilla’ Mod Fatties experience and that of add-on mods (eg; I like the idea of some enemies having fattening effects, but would rather have the power to control that as a user - I find the guns more jarring/less balanced than say, an alien that fattens up their prey)

All three of these are long-term sorts of requests and are certainly harder to do than sprite edits, but I also think they’d add a lot for the required time investment. My other worry is that sprite changes will outpace work on animation of said sprites and that the more extra races devs worry about, the harder it would be to improve or add to the system as it stands.

Additional changes to hunger & weight maintenance (larger sizes should be harder to keep up with and demand more food, perhaps?) and extra deets like dialogue/items might also help but that’s long-term polishing that can and should take a backseat. It’s already come a long way and there’s not much the Starbound scene needs to do to go from good to truly great.

2 Likes

Hello from the boring mechanical side of things! I read your post a few times over and have to say, all your requests are in the realms of possibility, probably easier than you think.

• Animated sprites: No problem, just provide the frames, stitching them together into an animation is a piece of cake. Starbound itself takes care of most of it.
  • Short-term changes from stuffing: Just tell me under what circumstances you want what to happen. It’s surprisingly easy to make things happen in Starbound.
  • More granular weight: I wish for that, too. Again, just lacking the sprites, the rest is changing numbers.
  • Modular configuration: There are literal configuration files for things like that. Writing different configuration sets for different playstyles should not be too hard. Mix-and-match is possible too, because of how Starbound handles these things.
  • Hunger & weight maintenance: Would use the same system as the slow-down and hitboxes currently, so easy.
  • Dialogue: It’s just a configuration file. Yes, really.
  • Items: From concept to working item in minutes, if not seconds. Mostly copy-paste.

The things are all there, we just have to really work together, organize our efforts and then we can do these things in a jiffy. My fingers are itching to write mods for you guys, but I have depressingly few ideas. I’m constantly on the lookout for inspiration. The fattening effect zone was ready not even 15 minutes after I’ve heard the idea for the first time.
We all have different strengths. If we just figure out how we can work together, this whole thing will go far beyond our wildest dreams. I’m positive that this community can achieve great things and I’m looking forward to what’s to come.

5 Likes

I like the sound of these suggestions, but, for me, a slower, more subtle, change in weight is number one. This mod is fantastic and Dispatch deserves all the praise she gets for doing this on her own time. I just think it gets good too quick lol. I understand that it is a lot of work which is why I wouldn’t be opposed donating to the dev.

1 Like

Hewwo uwu. I finished the thick body for the Lycanroc race I mentioned a while ago, and all the necessary details are in my lengthy post on the Mod Fatties topic where I plan to post future updates for real this time.
Have fun!

Link removed: The ‘finished’ version is included as part of ModFattiesRaces, so getter dere!

1 Like

Take it to some manner of direct messages, as the post in the locked thread says.

This is a general announcement to everyone who may post on this thread. Any posts that deal with the griefing issue on the server being hosted by a 3rd party will from this point forward be deleted from this topic without warning as off topic.

What ever this issue is please contact that servers admins/mods directly and not post about it on the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.

On a more relevant note.
Thinking about the progress I’ve made, and what’s left. And how I’m currently feeling at this moment in time. I’ve decided the update is good enough to release. And I’ll finish what’s currently still unfinished soon after a break. The only thing left unfinished is the Avali. Thick and Chubster bodies is fine for them. With Plump and Fatty bellies working, but their legs are not complete.
Otherwise anything else is good.
-Peacekeeper, Neo, Slime, Disguise, Startrack, Midnightdisguise, Sweatervest, Kimono, Noble, and Officer sets have been added. Though with the fatty bodies now needing to be reworked a bit. Peacekeeper, Slime and Kimono didn’t get the fatty version finished as it’d be altered anyways.
-The badges have been balanced out more. Mostly in the jump height. It should be not as bad to be a bit more manageable for playing. But still enough to be noticeable.
-A treadmill has been provided by the same person who provided the hitboxes, CorbinADtor
-Glutton Badges morphball hitbox has been fixed thanks to Tobias1595. He has also provided patches for the vanilla food to count towards the glutton badge weight gain.
-A few new objects have been added to the Bigfatties store
-Testing out variants to the sizes. Thick, chubster, and plump now have busty versions available from the weight scale.
-For reseting npcs who have grown too large. A new digestiongun is available from the Bigfatties store.
-Liquids from Spreeuzaki’s mod mod have been added to the main mod.
-Certain liquids are also now drinkable with the glutton badges. Milk, Slime, as well as liquid lard and chocolate now added to the mod will be drank if head is dunked under the liquids surface with the glutton badges.

13 Likes

pretty neat stuff for the update

I’ve been getting massive errors from the updated mod

1 Like

Made an account here to praise the mod creator, Dispatch!

Your mod got me back into this game after not playing it for a few years. The mechanics of the weight gain system (digestion badge) forces to change your play style when you run into the heavier weight classes. The additional mods for this mod and others further enhance the experience.

The treadmill/defattening weapon was really needed for when my NPCs got a little too big. With the new feeding tube (for NPCs), they seemingly do not have the urge to quit. This leads to them to eventually reach the ‘immobile’ stage, unless you interfere. The treadmill is a bit buggy, as I have to use/click on it multiple times for the ‘Exercising’ modifier to be enabled.

I enjoy the new ‘busty’ variants, but my female character (with digestion badge) ends up naturally resorting to the default chest variant. I wonder if it’s possible to keep the ‘busty’ variant consistent throughout the stages of fatness. The expanding clothes mod created by Tobias1595 can seemingly do that in a way. (BTW: This mod conflicts with the latest, 7/24 update, delete it to fix the digestion badge)

As for wishes:

• A ‘normal sized busty’ variant for character consistency/immersion.
  • More stages of fatness (Ex: Normal → Pudgy (subtle gain in belly) → Thick (current 2nd stage) → Chubby (3rd) → Plump (4th) → Fat (5th) → Obese (Bigger/in-between Blob size) → Blob (6th) → Immobile (7th, but bigger)
  • Jumping on the scale gives a calculated number of weight depending on the ‘fatness’ amount. (I can imagine it appearing in the scale menu, or a scale text box)

That’s all I could think of. I really dig this mod, and clocked in many hours with it enabled. Once again, thank you Dispatch for making an Excelent mod, and I am looking forward to every new update!

2 Likes

sooooo, where do you find the liquids as i can’t find them in the store.

1 Like

I’m at work updating my add-ons. Something cought my attention: Now that immobilized blobs are truly immobile, and gaining and losing weight are tied directly to the movement speed, you get stuck at that immobile weight, without a chance to change it again.
Edit2: My bad, didn’t notice all changes.

Edit1: BTW, nice touch, making the blobs into actual obstructions.

3 Likes

Currently for the official mod I believe you need to spawn them in, you can use these commands to do so
/spawnitem bfliquidchocolate 100
/spawnitem liquidlard 100
You can change the number to anything between 1-1000 to change how much you get.

2 Likes

Ok, so before I download the mod again for the new version, do I delete the old version of the mod first, or copy paste/replace it?

1 Like

Better to delete the old one first. Can be that files got moved or deleted.

2 Likes

I’m finding that NPCs don’t seem to recognize and use the NPC feeding tube, they just ignore it like the standard version. Additionally, the treadmill doesn’t really seem to have an effect on weight level (though it could just be that the effect is very subtle, I’m not certain).

Something that seems to be a new bug is the glutton badge effect not returning upon exiting a mech.

for some reason the mod doesnt seem to be working properly, i already know the avali fat packs arent finished yet, but for some reason the gluttony system doesnt seem to be working at all, no matter what badge i pick, nothing happens, that and the npc dont seem to even notice the feeding tubes at all either

seems to be related to the addon mods.