Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

That’s, really ignoring what the novakid glow even is. The novakid glow is about completely ignoring lighting all together. No shading whatsoever effects their body. Illuminating it doesn’t really replicate that, nor does it make the armors even match, there’s still a heavy difference.

1 Like

I’m aware that it won’t be the same, but there’s really no other options to keep novakids playable with the mod. A glow similar to an EPP augment would be close enough, despite being different. The only difference would be that they now illuminate other things, which I feel would perfectly fit the race, getting brighter as they grow. Yes, there’s a difference, but I feel like it may be for the better.

EDIT: I thought I should illustrate my point. Here is a Novakid with a Light III EPP Augment applied to the badge. As you can see, he illuminates the entire room, as one might expect from a light source so large, without a change in illumination on the entire sprite.

I figured there are weaker light intensities that could be used to smaller sizes without ending up with a darkened player sprite, and that coding it into a badge for Novakids would allow for the lighting to change with the character’s size.

1 Like

I can play with other races, thank you.
I bought starbound for this mod. Are there any other mods that make it fun to go fat while having fun?

Maybe we’re all misinterpreting what you mean, but I don’t personally understand why the Brightmaps method wouldn’t work (things like the occasus high-tier mech body have this). Code/Visual aid?

Normal lights do what lights do. Light up stuff around it. But when I talk about the unique novakid glow. I mean the fact their body just ignores lighting entirely. No matter where they are, how dark or bright it is in an area. Their body is always the same color as it is never effected. Adding a large light source does not really fix the issue at hand because the armor is never going to match the body this way.

There are other things yes. But starbound was set up that armors are not part of it. Like I said before. It is literally impossible to give armor fullbright like novakids.

So a particle effect that centered itself wouldn’t work either? Hm.

Just downloaded the mod today and i really like that, good job!

was lookin to do a fresh download of the mod, not sure if there was updates since i downloaded it last, but its lookin like the dropbox link is kinda on lock. it lets me look at whats there but i cant download anything. i do have a dropbox account and have the app installed, did that to see if it was lookin for the app. donno if anyone else is havin the same problem.

nvm, crome is just bein a pain right now

now this is slightly spooky

Ahaha! Thank you for the compliment and as I mentioned on one of the related topics - I think the Mod Fatties one - you yourself did an awesome job on the original race itself and deserve full credit so massive kudos from me to you!

Funny enough, despite the fact I REALLY prefer to ask for permission to use someone else’s work for something, coming up to you and saying “Hey, can I make your cool race fat” would’ve been kind of…awkward for me to do, so it certainly relieves me of a lot of stress to get your official blessings!

Still though, feel free to re-edit the files upon release one all of the bodies are completed on my end, I certainly can’t replicate your style exactly, especially with my inexperience, but I’m at least glad to relieve you of some work beforehand; otherwise, thanks again for the race and your official endorsement!

1 Like

Hey, Got an account to say gosh darn good job here, this is one stellar mod!

Two questions though:

Are we at max player model size here? If not, how much more bulk can we get to? I’m enjoying making a player-character immobile and would love to have a challenge of feeding a character to be bigger then that statue, hahaha~

The second one is if there’s any chance we’re gonna end up with a consolidated downloads list at some point; as it is we have all sorts of sidelinks to Mod-race packs and to the Clothes Mod pack. It would be nice to have a better list for people looking into this mod.

3 Likes

Is there a list of the status effects and what they do, that you get from food items and such?

could someone send there mod setup I cant seem to get it right

this might be dumb but can we put this on stream and I mean all of it the add on to it would but easier to get on the game

I’d assume most people wouldn’t like their friends and family to know they play with that mod active

well true but it would be easier to set up plus you can set the age limit on viewing it or that what im guessing

I don’t think there’s many things easier to set up than Starbound mods, honestly. It’s fine as is and will probably remain that way for the foreseeable future

ok there I’m crap at mods X3 because some of files turn into note files and when I loading up the mod (the newest one) show me it could not loading some of the armors and the fatkidnova (if I’m saying the race right)