SURF THE BELLY-Belly Stuffed fantasy game!

I have two potentially stupid questions, in the event that I just overlooked something the game told me.

First, during the belly league minigame, is there any benefit to hitting the red markers? Do they award more XP or something, or are they just there to be tougher obstacles?

Second, what does the Soft Belly stat do? Does it affect miss chance or critical hit chance, like Luck does in other RPGs?

Although I’m a ways off from finishing the game, I’m still enjoying the game overall. I only have three major pieces of criticism. One, the battles are a bit slow for my taste, which makes it a chore to grind them for XP. Two, the fact that the Feeding Mermaid and surfing minigames only let you change lanes at arbitrary, invisible points makes them somewhat more difficult than they need to be. Lastly, there’s no way to check what a recipe’s ingredients are without returning home. As a result, whenever I get a new recipe, I need to return home, memorize or write down the ingredients, and then return to Dolphark to buy ingredients. It would be much easier if I could see recipe ingredients from the inventory screen.

Oh damm, i fix it, thanks!

1 - They are more difficult obstacles, so … they are to annoy XD

2- Yes, soft belly is like lucky stat in other rpg

About battles, They work well for me in particular, but being such large sprites, the rpg maker is forced a lot and can slow down (if that is what you mean). The feeding mermaid and the surf minigame, yes, it’s random, I understand that not everyone likes it, I don’t have much to say about it. The ingredients … I would like them to be seen, but in the item window in the window the ingredients did not enter or they were cut in half. I admit that it is a failure, but otherwise I think it would be worse, for that, I apologize

Some feedback:
Overall, a very well made game! Definitely some issues with lag in the city area, but given how much was going on there, it’s fairly reasonable. The story was well written and executed. Wasn’t a huge fan of the ingredients/crafting system, especially how you weren’t able to see what the recipe called for unless you were at home. It meant that I had to write down what I needed so that I didn’t forget. I understand the aesthetic of having different screen overlays in different areas, but in the mermaid kingdom, it was pretty frustrating because you were moving slower, and also it was dark. But, I understand from a storytelling and aesthetic perspective, it makes sense. Music choices were very well done I feel.
Great job overall!

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate the comments that tell me the good and the bad!

I like this game. I play it in Linux (by using recipe from How to get RPG Maker (MV) games playing in Linux). Linux (and MAC probably too) has case sensitive filesystems, so I needed to rename following files so that they upper/lower-case match how they are referred from the game:

./www/img/menus/file/background.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/file/cursor.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/file/layout.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/file/parback.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_GameEnd_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Item_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_KeyConfig_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Load_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Menu_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Options_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Save_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Shop_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Skill_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/menus/Scene_Status_back.rpgmvp
./www/img/sv_actors/Belly duelist 1.rpgmvp
./www/img/sv_actors/Belly duelist 2.rpgmvp
./www/img/sv_actors/Belly duelist 3.rpgmvp
./www/img/sv_actors/Belly duelist 4.rpgmvp
./www/img/sv_actors/Belly duelist 5.rpgmvp

I also found some minor bugs:

• map 51 (OCEAN CAVERN): hero can leave path at X:4, Y:57 and near X:27, Y:84 (coordinates taken from GitHub - emerladCoder/RPG-Maker-MV-Cheat-Menu-Plugin: RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu Plugin )
  • map 3 (DOLPHARK): X:48, Y:146 - hero can swim through the roof of the house where port girl stands.
  • sometimes game advances suggesting that something happened next day, but flags for next day are not cleared (e.g., work at mermaid).

I cheated (adding myself ridiculously large amount of money at the start), because I’m more interrested in the story, rather than in balanced fighting. And I like the story and the visuals, they are good.

2 Likes

Is it possible to enter Feeding Mermaid with level 3 belly?

I’m not aware of any non-cheating possibility, although it is implemented (intro and belly rub image belly sizes). (I was able using above mentioned cheat menu to reset flag that prevents to work at mermaids more than once per day, just to see it, but it is not much different from entering with level 2 belly.)

That reminds me of another encountered “minor bug”: when eating belly pill on empty stomach I get level 4 belly WITHOUT level 1 belly. Natalia then forbids to enter the boat to ruins. Also I can get level 1 + level 2 + level 4 belly combination, e.g., by work at mermaid, then using pill and then overeating at home (there are more possibilities how to achieve similar combinations).

1 Like

Thanks for the minor bug! I try to fix it!

Ok I’ve played a good majority of the games on here but I gatta say best sound track I’ve heard on any of these games

1 Like

awww thanks! :slight_smile: and the other things of the game?

O well I have not finished but I am glued if that helps with indication it’s definitely well written a bit grindy but well done I am at the party count down for reference also really love the cameos of ember and squirrel girl Gwen. ( why make ember so difficult)

Ember is one of the Optional Super Bosses in the game, maybe you need a bit more level :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I beat her just why she gotta hit so hard I love seeing her on deviant art but now a little less I only lost once

1 Like

So just finished well done 10/10

Is there more than one ending by the way

No, just one ending. btw, you like the story? :slight_smile:

Yes but I wish it would have included more of the other kingdoms like the elf after the 8 years

The credits go faster than I can write do you have a list of all the songs

After the first feeding of the mermaids and a conversation with Panza, there is a cutscene at night, where the spirit watches the memories. unfortunately on this scene the game freezes after a flash. Is there a solution to the problem?