Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who made Comfy Companion 1?:

Catboymech, who’s originally posted here as @cakecatboy. You can find their original game as the 2019 game jam entry here:

1. Who the hell are you?

I’m me boxxy, Sir Kata. I came to the scene with the amazing game that I wrote in 4 days called Cumm Labs, and later a demo for A Family’s Fattening Holiday!

When it comes to Comfy Companion 2, I was originally hired by Cat to fill the writing role so they could focus on the art and programming for the game. Unfortunately, the project was cancelled.

I’m still filling that role. @hisano-x has taken on the role of artist and programmer for this fan release.

If you want to check my non-game writing I am… everywhere. My main gallery’s on DeviantArt, though.

1. Who’s this Hisano-x fellow? Is he nice? He better be nice.

Hisano’s awesome! In fact, you remember that Yuffie comic he drew? No? Don’t worry, you’ll find it.

Jokes aside, he’s a talented artist who’s also worked on Dragons Gorge [Staff Submission], Project Bakery, and is the artist I hired on for Cumm Labs and A Family’s Fattening Holiday!

Please feel free to check out his social media! He’s got a neat website, Twitter, and yes he sometimes posts on DeviantArt.

1. What’s changed between Cat’s version and this one?

Very very little, actually. The original story and plot that Cat and I worked on is still being used, at least for the base game. The demo is the first few minutes of that same script I wrote under Cat’s direction. The rest is going to honor our original plan.

1. Wait, “base game”?

Yes! Well, we got the okay, we’re going to add some additional, albeit 100% optional content once the base game is finished.

1. What’s the optional content?

That’s a surprise! :wink:

1. When does this expansion take place?

This story continues right after the last game ends, only two days later.

1. What’s the game’s plot?

Your companion who is comfy is visited by their mom, Opal! Well, since you’re their owner now, obviously you are going to be involved. Opal’s desire to check on their daughter’s/son’s weight gain journey leaves your pet uneasy, and she’s apparently making it a point for you to help HER get even fatter.

But at what cost?

1. How many endings will there be?

Three! There’s the Good Ending, a Bad Ending, and a Worst Ending. Why? Besides a (hopefully) compelling story, we’ve got some kink-related content for bad choices to entice you, too.

1. Will there be a gallery for CGs?

Man, I sure as hell hope so. We’ll find out if the game engine will let us!

1. Hey, I have an issue with the plot…

The demo covers up to the first, and mandatory, weight-gain scene before it ends.

Any other choices that make Opal fatter in the next release(s) are optional, but each one has consequences, which are covered extensively in the story. None of this is intended to preach at you, shame, convince you to change, or anything else especially negative about the feederism kink and all related aspects (such as weight-gain and stuffing).

This has been brought up before, mind you, so I’m just covering it here. Instead, this game serves two purposes: One, to still explore and enjoy our weight gain, stuffing, and fat fetish(es). Two, to tie-in real world choices to make a more enhanced story. That’s it.

It gets uncomfortable. It gets sexy. It gets WEIRD. What happens when you make one choice? What about another one? Do any have long lasting effects?

Or will you just order some burgers?

Your call. I just hope you enjoy the journey, because I am not trying to preach anything here. :slight_smile:

Feel free to ask any other questions below!

12 Likes

Question 8 updated, and three more added!

Will there be a downloadable version in the future or even when the game is finished. Just a personal preference but, I’m not a huge fan of in browser stuff If I have another option.

That should be easy enough. I’ll see what I can do when the next update is ready.

EDIT: Although I should point out that the game’s engine is completely web based, so it would need to run in a browser even if it was downloaded.

2 Likes

So is Opal going to be the only gaining, or will the companion also have some minor gaining as well (maybe not to the extent of Opal)?

Also how long with CC 2.0 be? Will there be a sequel to this as well later down the road?

1 Like

Opal’s the only one gaining, the reason the companion won’t be will be explained in a later scene.

CC 2.0 has a total of 6 planned “scenes”, which are more like stages. There are 3 major choices that determine the outcome of the game, with some variations depending on a mix of choices, but still end in one of the 3 planned endings.

I don’t know about a sequel, yet. Once we complete the base game AND the extra content to be released after that is when we’ll cross that bridge.

2 Likes